Miss Sally Sue is gone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Many of you know of my dear Miss Sally Sue, my ol hound dog. She has been my buddy for a long time (she was 13) and the only pet brought with me when we moved. She developed swelling in the front part of her shoulder and it grew and she has been in really awful pain. She began to limp about a week ago and we got her to the vet yesterday. It was something that I can't remember the name of, but surgery was discussed and if done, the growth might return. If no surgery, it would keep growing and she would just get worse and worse. And I did the humane thing and let her go. It was really hard but I stayed with her and talked her through it all. She was so faithful all these years. The most docile dog you would ever want to meet. And I miss her something awful.

God doesn't close a door without opening another one. In the family there is a Yorkie who, about 2 months ago, divested herself from the rest of the family and moved in, lock stock and barrel, with me and has become a faithful companion.

I need to read the Rainbow Bridge? Somebody?

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry to hear of her loss. I know she meant a lot to you.

So sad....I feel your loss, hence my avatar. Remember the good times with Miss Sally Sue.....

I'm so sorry Ann. I know how it feels to lose a special animal friend. Miss Sally Sue was very blessed to have been in your home.

Oh, Ann-

I am so sorry to hear this. I know how much you loved Miss Sally Sue, and she loved you right back. I remember the little stories of her exploits from time to time, and they always made me smile. Here is a site with the Rainbow Bridge set to music. It always brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I'm soooo sorry for your loss Ann but you did the right thing & I know that Sally Sue will be waiting for you one of these days to be reunited with her beloved master.

It's good to know that you have that other little dog to keep you company!

God Bless

Ann,
I'm so sorry to read that Miss Sally Sue is no longer keeping you company as she had for so many years. I wish there was more I could say to help, but I guess the Rainbow bridge does it better than I ever could.
Love you

Oh, Ann I am so sorry for your loss. Good for you for giving the ultimate love to your precious friend by choosing a peaceful passing. Our little Cairn Terrier (I am holding him in my avatar -- hard to see, probably) just turned 10 and has a list of health problems but none of them seem to bring him any pain. I cannot imagine my life without him!!!! He is still incredibly energetic so we are hoping he will be with us for a long time. Terriers are delightful. I'm glad a Yorkie has adopted you!

Sending hugs and best wishes to you.

Marguerite

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your loved Sally Sue.
The hardest thing we have to do with our beloved furbabies is love them enough to let them go.
Big cyber hugs.........

Oh sheesh, Ross had to post the Rainbow Bridge and now I am going to cry for my old sweet Labrador.
Ann, your Sally Sue wouldn't have deserved to suffer and even operating away the tumour can speed up the progression of cancer cells. Sally is resting peacefully and in good company forever more. Big hugs to you.

Ann,
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you've got the yorkie for company. It never gets easier, no matter how many times you've been through it.

Rainbow Bridge always makes me cry.

Oh Ann, I 'm so sorry. I do know how much you loved that precious dog. I went through this same thing just a few months ago and again last year so I do know how you feel. Hugs are coming your way!

hi ann,
i'm so sorry for your loss. it's so painful to lose a pet; they are like children to us.
miss sally sue is not suffering anymore.
still i know it hurts.
you are in our thoughts and prayers,
sylvia

Thank you all for your kind words. My tears came again. They will come in earnest this afternoon because it is going to rain, thunder and lightning. Miss SS was so frightened of that and would run to me, trembling. She'd not ever go outside without looking up to the sky to check the weather.

I appreciate the Rainbow Bridge. The big black & tan dog looks just like Miss SS.

Once in our lifetime we find a pet who is so different from all the other ones, leaving the biggest impression of all, on our lives and Sally was that one for me. Love your pet. Your pet loves you.

Thank you all, my dear friends.

Latest posts

Back