Mileage Throwdown

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tprice54

In conjunction with the famous Cooker Friday weight loss thread, we will be embarking on a "Mileage Throw Down". All miles count, walking, biking, running, swimming (okay that one may take awhile to figure out!). Let's check in on Friday with our weekly mileage. I will be charting a course across the U.S. for all participants, from Boston to Seattle, some 3,044 miles, using I-90. I think the first person reaching Seatlle will recevie something special from me!;)

In conjunction with the famous Cooker Friday weight loss thread, we will be embarking on a "Mileage Throw Down". All miles count, walking, biking, running, swimming (okay that one may take awhile to figure out!). Let's check in on Friday with our weekly mileage. I will be charting a course across the U.S. for all participants, from Boston to Seattle, some 3,044 miles, using I-90. I think the first person reaching Seatlle will recevie something special from me!;)

So COOL:D:D ... Should we start with this weeks miles? I started logging my miles last week but that won't be fair...Thanks!!!! This will be loads of fun!!!

Let's start

Let's start

Unless there are objections let's start this week...if you have been keeping track since Sunday, count them! ALL running schedules for training run from Sunday to Saturday ;)

Post on Friday what you have logged until then, and next week will be a full 7 days!

Unless there are objections let's start this week...if you have been keeping track since Sunday, count them! ALL running schedules for training run from Sunday to Saturday ;)

Post on Friday what you have logged until then, and next week will be a full 7 days!

It's a deal!

Does walking from the couch to the refrigerator count? :D

Yes ... but you may want to join the ThrowDown too:D

I don't think I will be in any danger of winning ANYTHING but (like when I run a 5 or 10K) as long as I am not LAST, Ill be happy.

Win? ... I will slide in dead last but I will finish:D

Lets Role:D

It's a deal!

watch her .... I've seen her deal:D

Wait. You want to begin reporting in on Friday but want to count miles from Sunday to Saturday? If Sat. is the last day of the week then reporting in on the day before is a bit off.

Hmmmm...

"quote" All miles count, walking, biking, running, swimming (okay that one may take awhile to figure out!).

Does these mean that I can also include all my "air" flight miles? Woooo Hooooooo!

Rob

Wait -- this is confusing. If everyone is reporting on Friday, wouldn't we "officially" start counting Friday, go until Thursday, and then post our Friday-Thursday results next Friday? Then everyone will have a full seven days' worth of miles to report.

Example:
Collect miles from Friday, August 29 - Thursday, September 4.
Report miles on Friday, September 5.
Start counting new miles on Friday, September 5.

Some people are already counting miles, so they will be able to report THIS Friday, August 29.

Hold on then. Let's do it according to government accounting procedures.

You take the amount you did last week and project forward two weeks with the rate that you wish to increase. So that if you increase by the amount you expected then it's as planned and you report that you did the same mileage, but if you see an actual decrease in the rate of increase as projected then you are seeing a shortfall from the plan and you cry bloody murder that you could not get in the mileage you had projected.

Just when you think

Just when you think

I know...it sounded good in my mind when I typed it!:)
Let's report what we have done so far this week on Friday, and then next Friday we will report from Saturday thru Friday, and will just repeat this process.....forget the Sunday - Saturday thing.... every Friday we will report what we have done over the last 7 days.....okay??:confused:

I'll need to start wearing a pedometer so I can track all the walking the halls I do at work! ;)

I really do want to join in, but I'm not sure when I'll actually work in the walking! I've been way too exhausted and sore just getting back into the swing of work. I'll just have to play it by ear.

I know...it sounded good in my mind when I typed it!:)
Let's report what we have done so far this week on Friday, and then next Friday we will report from Saturday thru Friday, and will just repeat this process.....forget the Sunday - Saturday thing.... every Friday we will report what we have done over the last 7 days.....okay??:confused:

OK:D....This is your Throwdown ... you make the rules ... don't be afraid to flex those muscles:D

A reliable pedometer is a good thing! You can calibrate them to give you a rough idea of how far you walked, not just how many steps. Every mile counts!

Yea! Mileage throwdown

Yea! Mileage throwdown

YEA, the mileage throwdown has begun and I want to be the first to post!!!
Last week
Sat. walk 2 miles
Sun. --
Mon. bike 7 miles
Tues. --
Wed. bike 8 miles
Thurs. walk 2 miles

Total 19 miles :):)

Thank you Tom for getting this up and going and spending the time to
keep us all on track.
I'm the first to start and I hope I'll be at the finish too!!

Happy Exercise Debbie :)

Ok, here we go!!! All miles logged were walked ... Having some knee pain and being smart, for a change:rolleyes:

Saturday ................0
Sunday ..................2
Monday ..................0
Tuesday .................3
Wednesday .............3
Thursday ................3
Friday ....................3

Total: 14 miles

I didn't break this down by days, but I can if need be.

Swimming: 3 miles

Biking: 9 miles

elliptical: 4 miles

Total: 16 miles

Latest posts

Back