Mick Jagger might be a member of this forum soon ...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonAndy

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This report in the UK's Daily Mail newspaper says that the "75 year old rock icon is set to have [a replacement valve] operation in a New York City hospital this week."

Autograph hunters at the ready ....

Last edited:
I saw that headline today but the article didn't say which valve he's having replaced. I'm sure that will eventually leak out. Wish him well.

LondonAndy;n886937 said:
Good point! Agian - can I have your autograph please?
:Face-Kiss:
I'm entitled to my privacy. I didn't come here to be mobbed by fans.

I've had to put up with comments about my lips throughout my career and I find them hurtful.

Agian;n886945 said:
I've had to put up with comments about my lips throughout my career and I find them hurtful.

Mick ya panzie, I told ya they'd make ya famous. We all have to suffer for our fame. You got what we agreed in the bargain, so man up.

Sincerely

Lucifer

pellicle;n886946 said:
Mick ya panzie, I told ya they'd make ya famous. We all have to suffer for our fame. You got what we agreed in the bargain, so man up.

Sincerely

Lucifer
My lips are genetic. My fame was earned and had nothing to do with them. I don't remember ever meeting you "Lucifer" (or should I say Pellicle),

PS I know it's you pretending to be Lucifer. You gave yourself away when you signed in under Pellicle. Your name is visible for everyone to see, so no one will believe you're Lucifer, including me. You just wanted to make fun of my lips after I said how hurtful the lip comments were. Furthermore, I can't understand how my big lips would influence the music that made me a star. It didn't.

Agian;n886947 said:
My lips are genetic. My fame was earned and had nothing to do with them. I don't remember ever meeting you "Lucifer" (or should I say Pellicle),

Its quite ok Mick, I know the terms of the deal we made ... Pellicle knows nothing of this I've just hacked his account here (it was easy as he's a registered Satanist) for my own purpose of reminding your of your deal with me .... Muhahahahaha

When I first read about Mick needing VR surgery I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke.
It will be interesting to follow his surgery and recovery, unless details are kept hush- hush.

I agree Bina, it just shows the celebs are just like us ... heart problems and all
I remember being particulary moved when Bill Paxton passed following the complications after his surgery because I knew the ordeal he had just been thru, and I was a fan :)

We can only hope as we do for everyone that it all goes well for Mick

I thought he was supposed to be very active - wonder why he chose TAVR ? He's only 75 so not really "elderly". We shall doubtless discover the long term durability of TAVR !

The medical profession's definition of elderly is >60 yo. Any time a study mentions "elderly" as a population, it's 60+ yo. At 75 he certainly is elderly.

tom in MO;n886986 said:
The medical profession's definition of elderly is >60 yo. Any time a study mentions "elderly" as a population, it's 60+ yo. At 75 he certainly is elderly.

I don't believe that 75 counts as "elderly" when it comes to cardiac surgery as there are plenty of patients at 75 who are fit (Jagger ?) and not frail at all ! I'm sure it is done on a case by case basis.

Paleowoman;n886989 said:
I don't believe that 75 counts as "elderly" when it comes to cardiac surgery...

well myself I do ... I know we (in our aging society) all like to pretend to ourselves that "we're only as young as we feel" but its not borne out by evidence. I've seen plenty of (if I may use the term) "Old Sticks" who come from rural backgrounds still out on the tractor and moving sheep around. Its easy for a city folk person to see them as being as strong as they ever were. But I can assure you if you could go back in time to when they were 25 you'd be stunned at what endurance and strength they had.

I've seen many examples (sadly) of these people gaining injuries and literally never coming back to where they were before the injury. Some are then nursing home material (one was jammed under her small Kubota tractor over night and suffered just the problems with circulation loss in the leg and exposure to low but above freezing) temperatures.

I would rightly classify Mick as a high risk patient and given what he sees himself doing I see that his assessment of the risks (all of them) pushing him in the direction of a TAVR. 75 is to me an ideal age for considering a TAVR (whereas I'd not say that at all about 45)

tom in MO;n886986 said:
The medical profession's definition of elderly is >60 yo. Any time a study mentions "elderly" as a population, it's 60+ yo
Here I am today on my birthday: 66 and elderly ! Birthday.jpg

Latest posts

Back