Mick Jagger might be a member of this forum soon ...

pellicle

Paleowoman;n887004 said:
Here I am today on my birthday: 66 and elderly !
Happy Birthday mate ... and many happy returns

My wife used to say that everyone born is young, buit being able to reach older ages is a privilege, denied many who are born. I wear my grey hairs, scar and buggered joints with pride.

Best Wishes

Agian

pellicle;n887006 said:

My wife used to say that everyone born is young, buit being able to reach older ages is a privilege, denied many who are born. I wear my grey hairs, scar and buggered joints with pride.

Best Wishes
I was also born at a very young age.

Paleowoman

Premium Level User
pellicle;n887006 said:
Thanks !

I have some buggered joints too - some due to wear and tear, aka age, and some caused by injury.

tom in MO

Paleowoman;n887004 said:
Here I am today on my birthday: 66 and elderly !
Just 'cause someone is elderly doesn't mean they're not attractive :) Happy Belated Birthday.

I'm elderly too! It's great, mortgage and cars paid off with the kids out of school! Now I can follow the maxim, "Life's too short for bad liquor." :)

The real nebulous age is "middle age". The average life expectancy in the UK is ~80, so one is "middle aged" between 40-60 or maybe even 30-60. However nobody in their late 30s or early 40s believes they are middle aged. That doesn't happen until 50 right?

epstns

Premium User
I still think (as does @pellicle) that Peter Pan was right. . .

"Growing older is inevitable. Growing up is not."

At 71, I realize that I am now considered "old." But I do not, by any means, feel as old as my father must have felt when he died at 68. His last few years, he really slowed down . . .not the gentle decline I have experienced. I think that public awareness, better medical care and diet have made it possible for many of us to act a lot younger than previous generations did at the same chronological age. I just hope it lasts.

pellicle

... that Peter Pan was right. . .

"Growing older is inevitable. Growing up is not."
agreed ... but I bet Peter didn't suffer from arthritis or the accumulation of injuries on (oh ... say) knees, big toe joints and elbows...

I ain't old but I'm hearing the messages and toning back to keep it all lubricated (senovial fluid) but "keep using it" so that I don't lose it (as fast) ;-)