Met surgeon, not so good news.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Curtsmum

Got to meet the surgeon today. He says there is a 50/50 chance he can repair the valve. Now for the not so good news because the defect is not so common, the valve will eventually be replaced anyway. He thinks that repairing and getting Curtis a few more years is better than replacing the valve now, althow he can't guarentee we will get years out of the repair. If he as no choice of repairing when he gets inside he will be using a st jude valve. We are feeling a little down hearted at the minute, a repair should be a good thing but knowing we will have to go through this a 3rd time, is a nightmare to say the least. Both me and Dave are happy with the surgeon and his experience and there for will be going along with what ever he feels is best for Curtis.

You all are in my prayers. I know you will make the best of whatever gives Curtis the best chance of a normal life.

I will keep you and Curtis in my prayers for a long-lasting repair.

I will keep Curtis in my prayers as well as you & the rest of your family for peace & calm. If this is what your surgeon thinks is best for Curtis then place your faith in God & go with it.

Best wishes!

Paula, things seemed quite vague a while back, now on a positive note you are at last getting hard factual info to deal with. The facts may be a little unsettling, but at least you have Curts options stated.
Chin up girl. Regards to you and yours.

Thanks for all the nice replys and thoughts and prayers.
I am trying to look on the brighter side! that at least there is something that they can do for him and lots of people on here that have been threw the surgery more than twice. Thanks again everyone x

While you can't rely on it, keep in mind there are advances being studied as we speak. By the time he might have to face this again, there might be other choices.

You are in my thoughts and wish you all the VERY best.

Oh Paula, ((((hugs))))

Such an untraveled road, and with such a young boy. I trust the Dr's will use their best wisdom to give him the good long life he deserves.

Best wishes to you & yours,
Ruth

Paula, I know how dreadful this seems now, but as others have written, there is always hope that by the time Curt will need more surgery, new advancements will have been made that will make it less traumatic and involved.
You've got the prayers and good wishes of everyone on the site, so I'm certain all will be well.:)

While you can't rely on it, keep in mind there are advances being studied as we speak. By the time he might have to face this again, there might be other choices.

You are in my thoughts and wish you all the VERY best.

Thanks for that i never thought of it like that, feel tons better already. Thankyou to everyone.

Dear Paula,

You and Curt are in my prayers. I just known that things will turn out even better than you expect.:)

There are definitely positives that can come from this, as already mentioned, giving time for additional medical advances in the future. Best of luck for Curt and my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Keep us posted

Back