Menstrual cycle and Coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinalovescats

Any ladies out there can relate to this!

The one thing I hate about being on Coumadin is my periods are now 12-14 days.And,not to sound gross or anything I feel like I feel like I'm giving birth to a blood clot every two weeks.

I'm talking to my doctor to see if we could switch to a different type of birth control pill,to see if I won't be clotting as much.

Any ladies can relate?

I can relate because this happened to me just on 325mg aspirin (and I was NOT on the birth control pill). Super long AND super heavy and I have a short cycle so I would get maybe 10 days off a month. Sucked!!

Since I'm done with kids I had an endometrial ablation at my OB-GYN's office and now my period is extremely minimal. IT IS THE BEST. But, obviously you can't be wanting children. Partly posting in case it applies to someone else.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/endometrial-ablation/basics/definition/prc-20014190

I agree! It's ridiculous. I also became severely anemic. My iron was 7 - supposed to be 100-200. I am on supplements now. I looked into ablation but it has to be done in a hospital. One doc wanted me off of Coumadin for 5 day, one would do while still on it. I decided against it because I was scared.

Latest posts

Back