Medical Start to New Year

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
Well, darn it, I have to start the New Year with a CT-scan next Monday.

It's a follow-up from one I had in October when there were concerns over a possible aortic aneurysm and also showed I had pneumonia. Thought maybe the follow-up was unnecessary but had long talk with my doc last week and he spoke of "ground glass appearance" in lungs they saw on that October scan.

Googled that very term and it brings up possibilities he mentions, such as pulmonary fibrosis or an early cancer. (Asked if I ever smoked -- yes, but quit more than 40 years ago. They asked the same thing in the hospital in '05 after OHS when I was having trouble regaining normal oxygen intake.)

I guess the follow-up will give another look at the heart as well to see if there has been any further enlargement. Docs here were worried about it; surgeon of '05 thought it looked fine.

Superheroes aren't supposed to be scared, are they? Well, ol' Superbob admits he is nervous. Will appreciate any good thoughts/prayers his heart buds would like to pass along.

Even superheroes get scared. Courage is being scared but doing what you have to do, despite the fear.

Sticking your head in the sand won't make it go away, so it's better to deal with it, whatever it is, and move on.

It will probably turn out to be nothing.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way, our fearless super hero. Actually, it's okay to be nervous. That's just your mild mannered reporter side showing. However, seriously, I pray for a good report and super health for the coming year.

SuperBob,

It's must be difficult finding a telephone booth nowadays so that you can discretely slip into your SUPER cape and mask. So... let's stop hiding and just expose that mild-mannered reporter as the super hero that we all know.

Go Bob!- Do what needs to be done and let the world see your super duper powers! Your league of super-hero minions at VR.com is here behind you and supporting you with our thoughts, our strength and our prayers. We're here for you!

John

I've had some small places on scans that I was concerned about. I quit smoking 34 years ago, but I still get nervous.
DH had the pulmonologist he works with take a look at the films, and he compared them to the CT scan taken 4 years ago. No change at all between them. The pulmonologist said something to the effect that "radiologists always make mention of every little thing" and said there was nothing to worry about.
I hope yours turns out to be a similar situation, SB.

Sending you best wishes for the best possible report. Hope the docs give you an 'all clear'.

Superbob,
Wishing you nothing but a good report next time around and will be thinking of you on Monday. Yes, even super powers can have 'human' feelings.
Good thoughts and prayers being sent to you!

Bob, I'm glad you are getting this taken care of. I'm hopeful that it will turn out to be nothing. You are better off knowing one way or the other. Please let us know what you find out as soon as you can.

Kim

Boy, your emotions must be getting a little motion sick from the roller coaster ride you've been on! You don't have much choice but have the test done and then deal with whatever it reveals. You are in my heart and prayers as you go through this.

Being scared just means that deep inside you know you really have something to lose. It's good to have something you're afraid to lose in life.

Sometimes it seems like it just never stops. Hope this turns out to be only a petty annoyance. My thoughts are with you, SuperBob.

Very best wishes,

Bob, even the superest of heroes are allowed to be scared sometimes. Sorry to read this news, but I will send many prayers that everything will be OK. Hugs & Good Luck, and if you can, try not to google too much .... google-land can be VERY scary, even for superheroes!

Hoping for the best Bob! I have found that the internet can be a curse as well as a blessing. I have made myself insane with worry while "researching" about cardiac issues for my son. After his 2nd OHS I vowed not to overdo it again. That's when I found this site....the blessing!

Latest posts

Back