Medical Start to New Year

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, wonderful friends, I just got a call from the nurse in my doctor's office, and she said the CT-scan this morning showed no cancers, no recent scarring (only a little very old scarring -- maybe from when I smoked in my long-ago youth?), no cloudiness, no nuttin -- lungs all clear. And my "enlargement" in ascending aorta hasn't changed at all from last fall's test (and my great surgeon from '05 says it's really no enlargement anyway -- just the replacement device working as it should)!!!

Soooooo, all that is great news, a real blessing. Thanks again for all your support because I was really sweating this. (Had pretty much convinced myself off my doctor's speculations and the Internet that I had pulmonary fibrosis, if not something worse). No more Googling suspected medical maladies for me! :p:)

Bob, I know where u are coming from....I tend to occasionally freak out and self diagnosis myself with an abdominal aneurysm. We are reading too much.
Anyway: YOU DID IT. You got a clear test and can move forward with being a Super Hero.:)

WOO WHOOO!

So glad to hear the good news Bob. We have all been there at some point waiting for or being surprised by our diagnosis. Thank you for sharing your fears and keeping the momentum to face those fears. As a superhero you showed us that knowing is better than ignorance.
Best wishes
John

P.S.
May I offer you a new Avatar?
picture.php

WOO WHOOO!

So glad to hear the good news Bob. We have all been there at some point waiting for or being surprised by our diagnosis. Thank you for sharing your fears and keeping the momentum to face those fears. As a superhero you showed us that knowing is better than ignorance.
Best wishes
John

P.S.
May I offer you a new Avatar?
picture.php

Thanks, John. That's a great image. I've given it a try but may need to work on it some work to sharpen it up.

Thanks again to all for the support.

Thanks to my doctors' knack for scaring the bejabbers out of me (I guess I should be grateful they are attentive), I probably have used up my sympathy card for 2010 already. :)

Will use the ThrowDown for trying to get under control what I can control (and maybe muttering along the way occasionally. :p ) Thanks for putting up with me.

Back