Medical Start to New Year

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,
I hope this turns out to be just another of those false alarms--the dubious reward for being conscientious about health care.

And I hope you and your family have a great (and alarm-free) New Year.

Debby

Superbob, now it's your turn to just be the patient and let the doctors be the superheros. I know we all thank God that these super, fantastic machines can see right thru us and that there are other super people with the ability to read what they see. So you just go ahead and be the anxious patient, knowing that there are alot of prayers and lots of love being sent your way. May you be back to your superheroing quicker than a speeding bullet!

Midge

Superbob,

I am praying for the best for you! It's OKAY to be scared! That's an emotion that we have ALL felt, at one time or another. I believe you are very brave! Hang in there!

Bob prayers for Monday....will be checking in for the results. When I was waiting and researching my friends told me that was the worst.....but could not help it as I wanted all of the info I could find. It does scare us though.

Superbob -

Prayers and positive vibes going up from here for your CT scan. Hope this is nothing more than a false alarm.

Take care and best of luck,
Michelle

I really appreciate all the kind words of support. So many things seem out of whack right now -- weight, blood sugar, back pain, leg pain -- but I need to work on what is within my power to improve throughout 2010 instead of just engaging in self-pity. All your encouragement really helps. Thank you again. :)

Hey Bob,

GOOD LUCK! Thoughts/prayers en route, of course....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Just aim beyond the clouds" ... Barry Manilow ... 'I Made It Through The Rain'

I really appreciate all the good wishes. All will likely be turn out to be fine, but, yes, googling in anticipation of medical tests is scary! :eek:

Hi Superbob sorry about your fears, my fingers are crossed that everything workes out right for you.
If I Google my problems I am 6 ft. under

mornin, Bob. I've been here sporadically for a few months but certainly want you to know that you are in my heart and prayers today. Don't we all want to know answers immediately instead of having to wait for test results - like last week. You know that VR members are keeping you close just now. Blessins..........

Well, the Big Wimp, aka Superbob, is just back from his CT-scan. Had an incredibly nice technician who walked me through every second of it, including when the dye would take effect, and it went well. Now, as for results, I don't know that I get details until I visit my doc in a week. Presumably, if they don't call me right away, that is preliminary good news. When I hear anything definitive, I will let you all know.

Thank you again, all of you, for your kind thoughts. I took them with me into the test, I really did. It is so helpful to have you all to use as a sounding board and comforter, because you don't want to be constantly worrying the folks at home with what-might-be's. I am praying the scan shows no signs of lung disease and no further growth in the ascending aorta.

Thanks again, you all are the best!

Presumably, if they don't call me right away, that is preliminary good news.

The preliminary to the preliminary good news was that the tech didn't mumble "Let me get the doctor" and leave the room:D.

Best wishes,

Debby

The preliminary to the preliminary good news was that the tech didn't mumble "Let me get the doctor" and leave the room:D.

Best wishes,

Debby

LOL -- so true, Debby. The techs often know more than they are supposed to let on. I remember the tech for the final echo before my surgery audibly gasping and asking me something (I forget exactly what) that left little doubt the time had come.

Best wishes,

Debby

I agree, when ever they leave and come back with the doctor, I start mentally thinking about everything we'll need to take care of before surgery. every once in a while things turned out ok, but IF you get out of the test with out a doctor being called in, that usually gives me a bit of relief

You are in my prayers, if you don't hear anything in the next couple days and are starting to think about it too much, you can call and ask if they have the results yet

Back