Medical ID for coumadin users

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Susan. I bought my husband a medical ID necklace to wear after his surgery. We were advised by the doctors and nurses at the hospital to get some sort of ID for him. We chose a necklace for him because it can be hidden under his undershirt and not be so noticeable while he is at work, in meetings, etc. I ordered him a stainless steel necklace (the company's name escapes me at the moment - I picked up one of their pamphlets at our pharmacist's counter.) and it looks very nice. On one side it has that medical symbol in red with the words "Heart Patient, Coumadin User" and his name, address and phone number on the other side. It makes me feel better to know that he's wearing the necklace should anything happen.

Joe has Medic Alert. He has a 10K GF necklace. There's a lot of printing on his! But I like the fact that one can update the medical info. in his file whenever we want so everything is current. I recently had to update his drug allergies because of the serum sickness he had from Ancef (cephalosporins).

For him, the service is worth the expense. He has a very complicated history.

medical alert

medical alert

hi all. seems we all have the same problem/question. I had a bracelet made in 1978, when I discovered I would be wearing it every single day of my LIFE. It is pretty, with the medical alert symbol on it. You know, Im worth it. (Like Loreal). When a total stranger asks about it, I just say its my "astrological sign". They get a funny look on their face, but they usually dont ask further questions.

Hi Herb,

I was justing reading the forum and went to the site you suggested for an ID bracelet. I had my surgery in March and I've put off getting the bracelet because the prices were so high! The site you suggested seemed very reasonable:)So I ordered it. Thanks for your input.

MEDIC-ALERT IDEA!

MEDIC-ALERT IDEA!

Why don't we all get tatoos indicating we are on "the big C" and have a valve implant? It could be garnished with roses and "Mother" or whatever...........actual location of the tatoo could be optional.

Then we could combine this with our scar contest in Nashville in October. (Billy, Dick and I are judging)

Actually, I got a bracelet last year, but it was interfering with my golf swing so I took it off, like a fool. I am wearing it now.

Back