Mechanical Valve Replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day Bayou Girl,

I had my mechanical avr a little over 4 months ago & while new to this site have likewise got a fair bit of comfort from the comments of others with similar experiences. My only comment is that it's way better with the new valve than it was before. Good luck for Wdnesday; I'm sure it will go well.

Well tomorrow is the big day and the only thing I'm stressed about is my family. They have come up with the perfect way of keeping me from getting nervous about my surgery, their all having problems: my mother in law got admitted into the hospital this morning with fluid in her lungs and an irregular heart beat; my aunt is in another hospital with kidney problems and the will be calling hospice; my mother is waiting for her surgery date for her TAVR procedure and my cousin had his thyroid removed this morning because they found cancer in it. Do you see why I've been a little worried about this surgery, it seems like we have some sort of black cloud over my family right now.

you'll do well BayouGirl ... don't forget the KimChi to "jump start" your colon after you get out of ICU

maybe take in a thin micro fleece blanket too ... I found that the 'sweats' made me feel cold in the AC and if I had anything "cloistering" on me I just sweated more. Here in Oz the beds are made up with 1) sheet over you 2) open weave quilt over sheet.

I put the thin microfleece over the quilt and it was perfect

Latest posts

Back