mechanical valve and testing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOS518

Hi I have a st.judges mechanical valve and was wondering of there is any testing I can't have done. I know a ct scan is okay and x-ray but what about mri ,pet scan etc. If anyone can help or give me direction on where to find the information. My temporary ID card is confusing and I had a hard time finding anything on st.judes website.

I have a St. Jude's. I was not told of any testing restrictions. All mechanical valves have some energy constraints for CAT scans. I believe the card is just to tell them the model, the health proffessional is supposed to check on-line for the up-to-date info. My card says to go to www.MRInfoSJM.com. My temporary card (between 2/24 and about 4/2012) did have some specific information, but my permanent did not. The temporary came from my surgeon and the permanent one came from St. Jude.

I am having second MRI this year later in this week. If you have an MRI, just show card to tech doing MRI and they will call and confirm that their equipment is ok. I think most equipment is ok, just want to confrim. Not sure of any other test to be concerned about, but am interested to see any other replies.

I have a carbomedics valve and on the back of the card it says it's MRI compatible.......up to 31mghz(?).
Although, when I went for my MRI I did feel the wires in my chest pull up-wards, rather uncomfortable. I did speak up to let the technician know, "I can feel that"!

Back