Mech valve - costs?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poyda

Posting yet another curiosity buster!

I have a St Judes Mechanical Valve! MVR just wondering if anyone knows how much they actually cost? I live down under and coz of our system, I was never billed so never seen the cost of it.

I'm curious because the medical marvels they are, they couldn't be cheap?

Anyone know?

Agian , you must have got a good discount! Both of mine were right at a million, but I never do anything the easy way so I had a few extra charges. Glad I had insurance to pay most of it. Now I should maybe drop it and save some money? or maybe not. My new year's resolution this year is to stay away from all that medical stuff. Right after I get on the scale, take my meds, eat breakfast to keep meds from making me sick, and then go for a walk because "exercise is us" Life is good.

OH now I reread and understand. Different countries, different prices.

Last edited:
Poyda;n885653 said:
Posting yet another curiosity buster!

Anyone know?

On my 3rd OHS I went private (because they asked) and as a result I was able to see the entire bill for the procedure which was something like AU$250,000 including all aspects of hospitalisation and ICU

I was fishing through a file some time back (when I wrote one of my blog post on heart valve choices) and found this data:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/4.bp.blogspot.com\/-N3n3HUkd_-s\/Utj7G2LyanI\/AAAAAAAAEjI\/8ge757e5exg\/s1600\/theMoneyInValves-771103.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I suspect there is some issues with the way its put together the data, assuming that figure is correct (I don't know why it includes mechanical and then only summarises as Tissue Valve costs) but assuming it is what it says it is that's about US$4700 just for the valve. That's about as much as I know right now. I'm actually waiting on getting info from another source (verbal) who is "in the business"

I'll post that if I get it

Last edited:
I quoted without the annulus. Shop around and check the catalogues. My mate picked up a couple at Aldi... just make sure they're still in the sealed packet.

pellicle;n885670 said:
assuming it is what it says it is that's about US$4700 just for the valve. That's about as much as I know right now. I'm actually waiting on getting info from another source (verbal) who is "in the business"

I'll post that if I get it

So that'd be about 6,500 Australian? That was my first guess I guessed about 5k.

Hopefully you're contact get back to you

Agian;n885671 said:
I quoted without the annulus. Shop around and check the catalogues. My mate picked up a couple at Aldi... just make sure they're still in the sealed packet.

Would Woolies or Coles have them? I'm not an Aldi fan

Agian;n885671 said:

well we've all got an anus hanging around somewhere to use ... wait, did I spell that right? Is annulus that the gentitive plural of anus?

pellicle;n885674 said:
well we've all got an anus hanging around somewhere to use ... wait, did I spell that right? Is annulus that the gentitive plural of anus?

Incorrect. Anus refers to a big arsehole, annulus to a little one. The latter can be used as a term of endearment, as in 'you cheeky annulus'.

Last edited:
Agian;n885676 said:
...The latter can be used as a term of endearment, as in 'you cheeky annulus'.

Ahh, I see, so adding the diminutive "little" becomes a double diminutive. "You cheeky little annulus"

And thus an endearment..

pellicle;n885677 said:
Ahh, I see, so adding the diminutive "little" becomes a double diminutive. "You cheeky little annulus"

And thus an endearment..
You misunderstood. 'you cheeky little anus' and 'you cheeky annulus' are both grammatically correct. However, annulus is used as a term of endearment; unlike anus, which is offensive; as in the term 'piss off you anus'. This has to do with custom more than linguistics. Adding 'little' in front of anus doesn't make it affectionate.

Latest posts

Back