Marijuana and Blood Thinners/Mechanical Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The research shows that CBD has significant effects on blood circulation and energy production. Cannabinoids are extracted from cannabis and are known to have a wide range of therapeutic products. Cannabinoids delivered via CBD effectively treat high triglyceride count, arthritis, inflammatory conditions, inflammatory bowel disease, and more. You can find on osirisorganics.com the best CBD products that I am using. I always order only from them. I have used CBD since 2019, and I am delighted with it.
5B89DF96-C0BD-464B-9B70-DC1CA49BD9BF.jpeg

Hey everyone,

I am a marijuana user and saw some research online about people on blood thinners not being able to use marijuana? It seemed like the info/data was sparse, but the overall takeaway seemed to be it’s risky.

Anyone in here on blood thinners use weed and can speak from experience or convos with their cardio?? I know many of you drink with no problems.
One year out mechanical mitral valve in beginning couldn't sleep or keep food down started eating the gummies got from friend told my doctors none had a problem with it and experienced no problems

In the spirit of attempting to bring the discussion back in the direction of the original topic, please find the below link with the recipe for marijuana infused spam Musabi (aka spam sushi). Of course from Hawaii, where they have significant Japanese influence, they love their spam and love their cannabis:

https://ediblesmagazine.com/edibles/canna-infused-spam-musubi/

That’s nice to know...but it’s still frightening to know that I have to basically live in a bubble, or at least maybe the doctors try to instill that fear in you. If you drive a car...wear a life alert bracelet they say...if you have a nosebleed and it bleeds for longer than 10 minutes go to the ER...don’t have to much leafy greens or it can impact your INR....watch out for bruising, cuts....I feel like I have to live in this bubble. I’m only 35 and because of warfarin I have to change my entire lifestyle. I’m very grateful to be alive but I hate taking blood thinners
Uhm...Not to be a party pooper but I do not worry about blood thinners. I drive without a life alert bracelet. I have had nose bleeds and they are no biggie and I eat pretty much whatever I want, I test and make my dose adjustments and lie to my doctor. Anything between 2.5 and 3.5 is a 3.0.
Funny enough, I was so consistent that they wanted me to bring my meter in and I confessed my sins. I promised to truly report out of range values honestly...they can wait for that.

Hey everyone,

I am a marijuana user and saw some research online about people on blood thinners not being able to use marijuana? It seemed like the info/data was sparse, but the overall takeaway seemed to be it’s risky.

Anyone in here on blood thinners use weed and can speak from experience or convos with their cardio?? I know many of you drink with no problems.
Hey, so I had mitral valve replacement in July I also smoke cannabis was a heavy smoker before surgery still struggling to get my INR in range but I’ve also been starting new medications, I wouldn’t worry too much about INR as they monitor you very closely,how ever I’ve cut down massively with the cannabis use because I’ve noticed it makes my heart beat irregular. I’ve been getting ectopic beats, palpitations and bouts of atrial tachycardia also the rhythm changes sometimes, I’m more scared of it causing me sudden cardiac arrest, for people with healthy hearts the risk of cardiac death from cannabis use is very rare but unfortunately for people like us who’ve had our hearts messed with, our hearts are a lot weaker and can’t handle the effects of the THC so just be careful when you smoke! and keep an eye on your heart rhythm and rate!

Yeah, I've noticed weed can increase my heart rate. However after my surgery, which greatly improved my heart function, it actually feels good, like exercising (although nowhere near that high of an increase in my pulse).

Use with care though if you must. I don't think folks already battling arrhythmias/tachycardia should risk it since I think it can cause that kind of stuff. But I am NOT a Dr and don't play one on TV either.

Hello, guys. I’ve been bothered about this issue for quite a long time, so I’m really happy I’ve finally found this thread!! You know, mostly I take CBDs. That’s why I’ve become bothered about it. So, I’m very grateful for your help. Thanks a lot, guys!

Weed and INR is a stretch however it does affect the nervous system so I would not be surprised by racing heart beats.
And then again there is folks who are real chill after indulging so...
There is no vitamin absorption in smoking

Hello, guys. I’ve been bothered about this issue for quite a long time, so I’m really happy I’ve finally found this thread!! You know, mostly I take CBDs. That’s why I’ve become bothered about it. So, I’m very grateful for your help. Thanks a lot, guys!
Still, I think that consulting with a doctor would be a better option. It’s all been the most reasonable one, actually. Mostly I buy CBD at this shop OrganicCBDNugs. My doctor advised me on it, but I’m unsure if I can still consult with him. Anyway, thanks for your help, guys. Keep it updated!

Last edited:
I understand your concern about using marijuana while on blood thinners. It's essential to prioritize your health and safety. Since this thread is from a couple of years ago, I hope you've had the opportunity to discuss this with your healthcare provider. They can provide the most up-to-date and personalized advice regarding the potential risks and benefits of using marijuana in your specific situation.
If you're still looking for alternative options, delta 9 indica gummies can offer a controlled and enjoyable experience. However, always remember to consult with a medical professional to ensure your well-being.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back