March Madness: Sweet 16 throwdown starts today, March 26

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Misleading Thread Title

Misleading Thread Title

:mad: I came here expecting to take a crack at a 16 year old and again, my hopes of joy have been dashed.

Beyond March; April Angst

Beyond March; April Angst

:mad: I came here expecting to take a crack at a 16 year old and again, my hopes of joy have been dashed.

Connecticut went down to defeat yesterday, sob, :(sob,:( so the final match up will be Michigan State vs University of North Carolina Monday night.
Wise (wiseman) has done the best job of picking the brackets, but it's obvious Freddie (fred die) will give him a run for his money next year. :D
If North Carolina is beaten Monday night I'll be using my crystal ball for next year's tourney brackets.;)

If North Carolina is beaten Monday night I'll be using my crystal ball for next year's tourney brackets.;)

The way this tourney has gone, you may want to start gazing into your crystal ball like really early next season! I think if our group had to earn a living as basketball handicappers, we'd be in line for a bailout! :D;)

Okay - I admit I watched the UConn/State game. Quite a lot of our money went to State for 4 years - so I figure the coach is still being paid by me!!!! :D ;)

So Go State - let's go State!

Go Green! Go White!

Everyone sing along - On the banks of the Red Cedar, is a school that's known to all! Their specialty is winning and those Spartans play good ball!

(If this was football - I'd be ecstatic!)

Final results

Final results

Here are the results from the first annual VR.com March Madness Throwdown.

Wise correctly picked more winning teams than any of the rest of us,
happy_doggie0.gif
so he ended up in 1st place!:) Way to go Wise!

X_country (my son Mark), Freddie, and myself tied for second place.

Bvdr came in third.

Superbob finished fourth.

Knightfan finished fifth.

Shezagirlie finished behind Knightfan.

It was all in good fun, and now that we've got the hang of it, we can do it again NEXT YEAR!:p:p:p

Knightfan finished fifth.

*sighs*

After such a promising start, too. Ah, well....

CONGRATULATIONS, Wise.

Oh ... and ONE MORE THING:

GO CUBS!

:)

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Don't say it ain't so, you know the time is now" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

*sighs*

After such a promising start, too. Ah, well....

CONGRATULATIONS, Wise.

Oh ... and ONE MORE THING:

GO CUBS!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
"Don't say it ain't so, you know the time is now" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

Hey, I'll root for the Cubs with you! Having grown up in part of Cubs Country (Northwest Indiana), I have to be for the Cubs. Admittedly though I don't usually watch baseball, but that neither here nor there.

Hey, I'll root for the Cubs with you! Having grown up in part of Cubs Country (Northwest Indiana), I have to be for the Cubs. Admittedly though I don't usually watch baseball, but that neither here nor there.

EXACTLY!

As long as you're with me routing for the Cubs, Wise :). he he

I have it on good authority that Superbob will root for the Cardinals, along with myself, so I hereby issue a new sport challenge to Knightfan and Wise; play ball!:p:p:p

Would a guy who's rooted for the Cards since he grew up idolizing Stan 'the Man" Musial possibly root for anyone except the Redbirds? Do you like to ask questions with answers known in advance? :p

I need it for the record.;):p

I have it on good authority that Superbob will root for the Cardinals, along with myself, so I hereby issue a new sport challenge to Knightfan and Wise; play ball!:p:p:p

*grins devilishly*

Good thing I didn't see this earlier. I would've replied, "Sure ... we'll take that challenge." But, um, a month or so into the season, I'm not so sure.

So, instead ... for now, GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!! ... and PENGUINS!!!!!

"This might not be good" ... Chris Cagle ... 'What Kind Of Gone?'

Latest posts

Back