Mandatory in-patient rehabilitation?!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the whole of Italy is in quarantine as of today. How are you and how are your family. I hope you are all keeping well.

We're good!! Tighter restrictions were necessary to get people from fear-based panic ("How will this affect ME?") to urgent responsibility towards our most vulnerable citizens and health care workers ("How do my actions affect OTHERS?"). As one of the vulnerable ones, I appreciate this.

It is surreal right now. I'm mostly at home, but have to get blood work weekly so today was my first taste of what the city is like now. In a culture where personal space is usually unheard of, everyone is taking the 1 meter of distance rule seriously. Medical facilities are only letting in one person at a time and providing hand sanitizer upon arrival. Streets are empty and virtually without tourists.

I know there are other threads on here about this, but remember that Italy has made testing widely available which is why reported cases and deaths are much higher here than in the US where testing is largely inaccessible. I believe there are significantly more cases and COVID-19 related deaths than are being reported I'm America.

Stay safe everyone and take your own role seriously in all this by washing hands and avoiding contact with other people as much as possible. I was a skeptic at first, but I see how important it is now to be extra careful to get his under control.

Latest posts

Back