malaria pills

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babshappy

Hi everyone this is truly a wonderful site, everyone is so knowledgable, I have another question....has anyone taken malaria pills ?? and if so , did it effect your INR, did they make you feel sick????

thanks

If it's quinine, yes, it very well may interact with your coumadin and raise your INR.
I gave up gin and tonic, and even plain tonic water because the weeks I had ONE such drink, my INR shot to 6. bizarre.

I took Lariam which is Mefloquine as used as a (hopefully) preventative medication for malaria. I didn't get malaria, but it made me sicker than a dog when I returned from Africa. I was loopy and dizzy - didn't last too long though. Next time I went to Africa, I just smoothed Avon's Skin-so-Soft on me and took no meds. The lotion must have worked or else no mosquito bit me. To this day, I can't stand the smell of that lotion..

If you decide to take Lariam (if it's still on the market) be sure to tell your doctor about warfarin if you're taking it.

Latest posts

Back