Lovenox tips and tricks?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had massive bruising trying to bridge. Was absolute torture. Not enough fat I guess. Entire abdomen became blood red/black/purple. Was so shocking looking that even the cardio crew remarked about it during my stent procedure. Not wanting to go through it again...
You will bruise more easily anyway, nothing to do with not enough fat. I have had to do bridge twice, and the needles are huge and bruise you easily in the stomach. And then on my last time, I turned around weeks later, on insulin for me diabetes and shots in the stomach, but with short needles, less chance of big bruises. But I will never get away from needles, have had shots and blood draws since ai was a kid, got worse when I became type 2 diabetic after second bypass surgery and genetics. Hopefully soon, the bruises will be gone.

I had lovenox heparin antibody reaction. Heparin induced thrombocytopenia. This is very dangerous. My reaction was atypical- TGA trasient global amnesia. My husband took me back to hospital for diagnosis. My blood platelets were down to 60,000.
Heparin, lovenox are great tools. Just reminding all to be coxnizant of possible reactions that can occur anytime.
I was blessed and had no longterm effects. (Stroke, lose a limb, death)
I do wear a medical alert bracelet 👍

I had lovenox heparin antibody reaction. Heparin induced thrombocytopenia. This is very dangerous. My reaction was atypical- TGA trasient global amnesia. My husband took me back to hospital for diagnosis. My blood platelets were down to 60,000.
Heparin, lovenox are great tools. Just reminding all to be coxnizant of possible reactions that can occur anytime.
I was blessed and had no longterm effects. (Stroke, lose a limb, death)
I do wear a medical alert bracelet 👍
We had member years back that had the same thing and had reaction when put back on warfarin. They had to put her on a other coagulogetic.

I do have a tip to avoid bruising. Just before injecting yourself touch the tip of the needle to a clean piece of tissue to remove that first drop that likes to sit there. Since doing that I have never had a bruise bigger that a tiny pea (of course following all the other tips - grab fat, inject sideways, & slowly inject).

Latest posts

Back