Lovenox generic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovenox - 80mg/0.8ml Solution 0.8ml Syringe
Quantity Our Price
10 syringes $639.36 - save 15% ($112.06)
20 syringes $1,278.72 - save 15% ($224.12)
30 syringes $1,918.07 - save 15% ($336.19)
40 syringes $2,557.43 - save 15% ($448.25)
50 syringes $3,196.79 - save 15% ($560.31)
60 syringes $3,836.15 - save 15% ($672.37)
other: update price
Note: Savings calculated from Average Retail Price

Enoxaparin Sodium - 80mg/0.8ml Solution 0.8ml Syringe
Quantity Our Price
1 syringe $59.99 - save 11% ($7.64)
3 syringes $159.97 - save 21% ($42.91)
3 syringes $159.97 - save 21% ($42.91)
4 syringes $213.29 - save 21% ($57.21)
5 syringes $266.62 - save 21% ($71.51)
6 syringes $319.94 - save 21% ($85.82)
other: 10 syringes $533.23 update price

I picked up my generic Lovenox-type syringes yesterday. My current medical insurance does not charge anything for generics, so instead of that nearly one thousand I paid in March, I get it for free. Gee, I hope it works as it is supposed to! (Surgery is 12 days...)

I picked up my generic Lovenox-type syringes yesterday. My current medical insurance does not charge anything for generics, so instead of that nearly one thousand I paid in March, I get it for free. Gee, I hope it works as it is supposed to! (Surgery is 12 days...)

Maryka -

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering how your generic Lovenox was dosed?
FYI, the recommended Lovenox Dosing is 100 mg of Lovenox per 100 Kg (220 lbs) of Body Weight.
That would be scaled to 50 mg for a 110 lb person and 75 mg for a 165 lb person, etc.
Sadly, 'Agility Dog's' Surgeon prescribed an amount that was WAY too low for her weight.
Patients need to be Vigilent to protect themselves from such careless errors in prescription dosing!

'AL Capshaw'

I had to pull the box of the Enoxaparin from my luggage. (I had better get it back into the luggage!) I got the 100 mg/ml dose which, weight-wise, seems appropriate for me. I know that with the Lovenox in March I had too much bleeding when I went on the Lovenox+warfarin after the "procedure". BTW: I will soon disappear from the Net for awhile here. I will have to fight with my hostess for access to the Net while I am down in NC!

Last edited:
Whether generic or brand name, if you have a mechanical valve then dosage of lovenox is twice daily, 1mg/kg of body weight.

For ex, I weigh 134 lbs. that's just a tad over 60 kg. I took 60mg of lovenox/generic twice daily during bridging.

Usually a week. Does your surgeon know you are on coumadin? Have you specifically asked him/her about bridging? I recommend you speak to your cardiologist TODAY about bridging, and get an Rx for the appropriate dosage of lovenox or generic. Remember, if you have a mechanical valve, dosage is 1mg per kg of body weight. NOT the 30 or 40 mg standard dosage they give people for a-fib. For reference, at 134 lbs I take 60 mg twice a day when bridging.

I understand there's a backorder on the generic (at least there was last week), but the name brand has come down in price (who's surprised) since the generic came on the market, if you don't have insurance

I am getting so nervous. I have been through the ringer trying to get this hip replaced. It has been a nightmare, beginning with my teeth. My family doctor took me off coumadin seven days. When cardiologist found out he told me don't ever let anyone tell you to stop taking your coumadin. Now that all these things are done to get my surgery I need to bridge so since my family doctor manages inr she must rx the lovenox. I got my pre op done and still waiting to hear from her. I have been telling her about bridging since the dental work got messed up. I have been reading everything I can find about this and it's unbelievable how many doctors don't know this clotting problem with a mechanical mitral valve. I have gotten the best information from this org and thanks Laurie that's exactly what I needed to know. So now I'll call my doctor get a rx and hope to track down these needles.

I am getting so nervous. I have been through the ringer trying to get this hip replaced. It has been a nightmare, beginning with my teeth. My family doctor took me off coumadin seven days. When cardiologist found out he told me don't ever let anyone tell you to stop taking your coumadin. Now that all these things are done to get my surgery I need to bridge so since my family doctor manages inr she must rx the lovenox. I got my pre op done and still waiting to hear from her. I have been telling her about bridging since the dental work got messed up. I have been reading everything I can find about this and it's unbelievable how many doctors don't know this clotting problem with a mechanical mitral valve. I have gotten the best information from this org and thanks Laurie that's exactly what I needed to know. So now I'll call my doctor get a rx and hope to track down these needles.

Why is your family doctor managing your anticoagulation therapy instead of the cardiologist? Sounds like your cardiologist's office might handle things better than your family doctor.

Just because your family doctor Rx your coumadin does NOT mean he/she must be the one to Rx the lovenox. Nobody CARES who signs the Rx. The pharmacy doesn't check.
And if your family doctor is uneducated enough to take you off coumadin without bridging, he/she sure as #$% shouldn't be managing your coumadin!!!!!!!

Be sure and call your cardiologist about managing your anticoagulation AFTER the surgery, too. Seriously, I mean within a day or two of your surgery, and before you check out. And again the week after you get home. When to restart, how long it should take you to be therapeutic, what your maintenance dose should be after surgery. Let your cardiologist manage it. Don't let some nurse practitioner, or even doctor tell you what to do during discharge. They don't know you. They aren't necessarily experienced in coumadin management, even if they practice at a heart hospital!
During my discharge process after my recent surgery I had some idiot nurse practitioner tell me to hold my coumadin for a day. We'd started me on my anticipated needed dose, and I became theraputic in 3 days. Duh, that's how it's supposed to work if you are on the right dose. Anyway, this stupid nurse said my INR came up "too fast" and I might bleed to death. Because my husband was frightened of the coumadin, I held it (protesting the entire time that she was wrong), and dropped to 1.1 overnight!! And by the way, my dosage is now 1/3 HIGHER than before my most recent surgery. So that nurse was WAY wrong.

ONLY LET ONE PERSON, THE ONE YOU TRUST MOST, MANAGE YOUR COUMADIN. DO NOT LISTEN TO SOMEONE JUST BECAUSE THEY WEAR A WHITE COAT. As you have already seen, not all doctors or nurses understand management.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? BRIDGING TAKE 2 NEEDLES 5 DAYS BEFORE SURGERY STOP ON DAY OF SURGERY RESUME 2 NEEDLES ALONG WITH COUMADIN PER DAY FOR ANOTHER 5 DAYS AFTER SURGERY DOSAGE ON RX BOX SAYS LOVENOX (ENOXAPARIN SODIUM INJECTION) 100mg/ 1 ml my weight is 217lbs. total 20 needles I convinced my family doctor to call my cardiologist for his help So far I've been on needles for 2 days and taken 4 injections THANKS THIS IS rubus I think this looks ok Do you ?

Sounds pretty perfect. 217 divided by 2.2 lbs = 98 mg. so the 100 mg dose is just right. You are holding 7 days prior, so your INR should drop to 2 ish after about 48 hours give or take, so that's when you star the lovenox.
If you home test, you may want to check your INR on day 3 or 4 after surgery, after you've begun the lovenox...you might get off it a day early. Once you are over 2.0 or a tad higher, you can stop the lovenox.

Tricks to Lovenox:
1. make sure you remove the air bubble from the syringe by ejecting a tad of the fluid. You have a mg to spare, no problems.
2. Lie flat-ish. Do not stand to inject yourself
3. Do not pinch the tummy skin, rather spread it flat and tight between the fingers of your other hand, when injecting. Inject in the area held flat & tight.
4. Inject all in one go.
5. Needle spacing should be 2-3 fingers width away from the navel, in the 4-5 o'clock and 7-8 o'clock positions. I usually do one side in the morning and the other in the evening, and try to space them at least a finger width away from each other, to minimize bruising. IN THE FAT.
6. I find lying flat for 15 minutes or so after injecting helps prevent major bruising. Something about getting up, moving around, being vertical seems to make the medicine really aggravate me/cause bruising.
7. GET YOUR SPOUSE /SIGNIFICANT OTHER TO INJECT YOU. I flinch when I do myself.

I am newly on Medicare and have Part D coverage. I must have a colonoscopy with several biopsies every other year due to Crohn's. I have always used a bridge. I assume I will have to use ten syringes. Based on your calculations, does this mean I can get the generic for $533.23 or Lovenox at $639.36?

Hey rubus is back got that new hip came home friday nite is mighty sore wow what a ride probably will hear all about that lovenox is quite a pain

Latest posts

Back