Looking for referral in Tucson for my 75 y.o. sister

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmorris

My sister, who is 75, has just been diagnosed with acute aortic stenosis. This was found due to low oxygen levels and a recent fall which sent her to the ER to get checked. She had a cardiac cath and they basically didn't provide her any information and the cardiologist she saw, other than giving her the diagnosis with no real explanation or discussion, basically said she'd waited too long and she wouldn't survive the surgery. They put her on O2 but basically said go home as there's nothing they can do. It seems to me she's a good candidate for TAVR but it's like they've never heard of it.

I'm going to ask my cardiologist if he has a referral in Tucson that can take a bit more proactive approach than basically saying "go home and wait to die." but in the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone might have a name.

I've suggested she come to Indiana but she's afraid to travel at this time.

At least in my case my AVR from 2012 is still going strong and it's looking like it will hold out, fingers crossed, another 8-10 years based on the most recent tests. At that time I'll probably need a TAVR myself since everything else looks good.

Thank you so much for that link. I've passed along the information so she at least has a solid starting point.

Latest posts

Back