Looking For Ideas

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djacq

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
I spoke to Deborah Galvin, Customer Services Rep for Pro Time today about getting ready to process an order.

Thought I would get things going before AVR surgery 12/5.

I told her this whole group influenced me in purchasing the unit.

They will send the $50.00 bonus to anyone I designate at the time of purchase/delivery.

I was wondering how I could do something for this very supportive group as a whole if I end up on Coumadin? I saw you had a reunion in Las Vegas....could it be put toward something in that vein?

Any ideas?

Donna

Hi Donna,

Boy, you are all set, arent' you?
Donna, if you'll have to take Coumadin after your surgery you'll be delighted to have the protime unit to do your hometesting. I believe it to be a life saver for anyone on Coumadin. It'll also save your nerves as it is much better you know the results before your doctor does. You don't want to be dependent on them to have to call you, because it doesn't always happen the same day as your test. Remember they are busy and don't always take the time to call back when you want them to call back. You want to be in charge of YOUR health!
I've been happily protiming already since January 2001 and have not been to a lab in over a year with my doctors blessings.
In the beginning right after your surgery it might take a while to get stabalized. Every person is different, but I took quite a while. I also had a doctor who had no idea how to monitor a patient on Coumadin. I had many problems with him and in the end had to get rid of him. So my advice to you is to find someone who knows his stuff, and won't drive you crazy.
Tell him up front what YOU WANT and what YOU are going to do, because many doctors are not in favor of patients doing their own Protimes. If they have their own Coumadin clinic that takes money out of their pockets. Remember, they work for YOU.
I test once a week, but only call my doctor every two weeks. If I would have a problem I would call him on the off week, but if no problems why bother him!

Let me know if I can be of more help.
[email protected]

Christina
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
Tucson, AZ

Donna - the $50.00 - Hank pays for this site out of his own personal pocket. Some members make a contribution from time to time to help out - I am sure it would be welcome. Hank can give you the info on where to send if you decide to go this route. God bless

I am feeling quite stupid. I am not familar with how these forums work and it NEVER entered my head that someone had to pay/manage them.

Thank you for telling me and I appreciate your idea Henslee. It is a good one.

I would imagine that the time it takes to manage this forum/site is also very time consuming.

It has been an invaluable resource and support and I don't know how I found it BUT am so glad I did.

Donna

Back