Looking for a community of fellow artificial valve folks

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was indeed more interested in your interpretation of the difference as I believe that a bovine valve is in fact a tissue valve & as Pellicle so subtly pointed out the leaflets are made from the pericardial tissue of a cows heart. Although not all tissue valves are bovine.
I don't have bovine valve. I have a St. Jude's leaflet valve. It is usually called mechanical valve since it is man made valve, not from a cow bone.

I don't have bovine valve. I have a St. Jude's leaflet valve. It is usually called mechanical valve since it is man made valve, not from a cow bone.
I believe you have missed the point completely & I am fully aware you have a mechanical valve as many of your posts have mentioned your experiences with ACT & INR control. Where you came up with some fanciful idea about cow bone & mechanical valves is bewildering.
I merely asked for your interpretation of the difference between a bovine valve & a tissue valve, a question you have yet to answer.

Cow bones also smell like cow dung. BEWARE if you approach anyone with a "Cow Bone Valve" as they are wont to drop a pile on the ground where they are standing, and then go "Moo!!" if you reject it. I have myself been thrice accosted by people with cow valves - once in the throws of intimate doings, and each time I was astonished by the whiff of Jiff!! If you can avoid going the bovine route, then I would defo recommend it. nBest alternative? Either a pig's doo=-da, or a proper mechanical valve made in a first class car workshop. They usually have the best forms of grease, which I guess you would most appreciate as it would keep the monster working just that little bit longer. And if it faills, you won't be around to know the difference anyway. (Don't blame me!! Sam The Cooking Guy (youtube) has put me in this strange mood!!)

Well I heard that a bovine valve, bone or not, can be layered with pork fat and give it the character of a porcine valve.
I was wondering why On-x don't do that to their valves to give them almost a tissue valve cover. You wouldn't need Warfarin just two baby aspirins a day and you are good.

Well I heard that a bovine valve, bone or not, can be layered with pork fat and give it the character of a porcine valve.
I wonder how that goes in Islamic peoples ;-)

Personally I like pork fat:

1648591785030.png

Latest posts

Back