long term members

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joined at the end of 2002 and even though have not posted much, I get much support and information from VRC. Its great seeing long time members checking in!

How many people have been with the VR forum for 8 years or more? I first joined after my MVR in Jan '05 and lost touch for a number of years. Recently have been taking a look about once a week.

If you are interested in the exact figure, you can do an advanced search by going to the "options" section and selecting "joint date". With these parameters the search will order the member list in the order they joined.:smile2:

Hi Bob, glad to see your post. I wonder, from time to time, how things are going with you.

Folks, this fella is a real old timer. Surgery in 1961 at the age of 10......if memory serves me correctly.

I joined in 2004, right after I found out that Katie's valve repair was not holding up, and we were facing an imminent replacement. I was terrified and this site was a Godsend! Gosh, I miss you guys! By the way, Katie is in 7th grade now and still doing great. Still a terror!

I joined in 2004, right after I found out that Katie's valve repair was not holding up, and we were facing an imminent replacement. I was terrified and this site was a Godsend! Gosh, I miss you guys! By the way, Katie is in 7th grade now and still doing great. Still a terror!

Hi Janet! Glad you dropped by and updated us on Katie. I, for one, will never forget her replacement, and I still think of you everytime we pass El Paso, IL on our way North.

I joined in '01 a year after my 2nd surgery.
I haven't posted as much as many here, but I log on and read things weekly, usually.
Often I have to hold my fingers and not write something if a person has stated their comments that really bug me!
Luckily, I play an instrument, and it helps me with my creative side, so I don't get overly upset.
I recently performed with a symphony orchestra, all Beethoven, with piano concerto, too, and it was so wonderful.
I didn't hear my valve at all, even during the exposed moments, for all you out there that think it would be the end of life to hear a clicking. It isn't!!

I'm still here, but back in washington state. It's been a while, and it is hard to come back and see that some of the members that helped me alot , that I considered friends are no longer with us. I lead an extremely busy life, I'm in college, my husband is in Greece, getting ready to retire from the navy and come back home for good, a high schooler, a middle schooler and all of their extra curricular activities keep me on my toes. I've been a member since 2001, just before my MVR...it's been over 12 years, and I'm still kicking...strong!

Another UK Member,
I joined back in 2001 before my AVR and received great support.
Back then we used to have a chat session on a Sunday, now that was fun,
I have attended three VR Reunions and been lucky enough to meet several VR Members while travelling in the USA.
I check in now and then but tend too read and not comment

Cheers

Jan

I joined in 2006 a few months after my surgery. It's been a long time since I was a regular poster here but I still log in from time to time. Nice to see so many familiar names. Cheers everyone.

Great to see so many of my heart buddies posting away. My story is similar to Janie's, we were with the original Listserve group prior to Vr.com. There were 5 of us, correct ;). Hope you are all well. I continue to plug away. High functioning most days. Coming up on 15 years post MVR.

Hi Marty! Not certain where your post went? But I am sure happy to see you my long time friend! Yourself and Rich were my very first heart buddies back in 99! I would not have made it through my surgery, and most importantly, recovery without your kind and reassuring messages. So thrilled to know you are doing well.

July 22, 2001. I was pretty regular for a few years, but now just drop in sporadically. I've been very fortunate to have enjoyed good health since my AVR and have mostly just been getting on with my life and trying to appreciate every day.
I do miss some of the folks from the "old days".
Mark

Think of you from time to time and wonder if you are still doing all those things. My son moved up to Bradenton from. Sarasota. When visiting, I think 'Mark is round here somewhere'. Good to see you. Bet Ross would be happy about so many touching bases again.

HI Gang.

WOW.... This is like a virtual reunion! Hmmmm..... wonder if we could pull that off on Skype or some other video media face to face cam get-together?

Back