long term members

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William2001

How many people have been with the VR forum for 8 years or more? I first joined after my MVR in Jan '05 and lost touch for a number of years. Recently have been taking a look about once a week.

Me too William2001. I really thought I joined here in 2004, right before my first surgery, because I remember being scared and asking all the questions. But I guess it was right before my second heart surgery in 2007, at least that is what my joined date says. I come back sometimes and see a lot of new people around. I plan to stick around because this is the only place I feel like people understand you and where you are coming from unlike most people on a day to day basis. Anyway, I plan to check in at least once a week also. Going to make this a stick to on my list of internet browsing.

How many people have been with the VR forum for 8 years or more? I first joined after my MVR in Jan '05 and lost touch for a number of years. Recently have been taking a look about once a week.

I'm here and have been since 2004. I usually post every day or so; sometimes more, sometimes, less. Glad to "see you" back here.
Mary

I'm here and have been since 2004. I usually post every day or so; sometimes more, sometimes, less. Glad to "see you" back here.
Mary

I've been here 'bout as long as Mary has. :D She posted my pre-surgery best wishes thread back in February 2005 -- much appreciated and I will never forget it. Going on 9 years that I've been here -- feels like family here.

We heartily welcome all who are new, or who are returning, or who are looking in occasionally, all comers--join us, all are welcome.

I also joined in 2007. This forum has been an invaluable source of information, comfort and support that is not easily found in medical journals or thru discussions with medical professionals.

I joined in 2002 - Just after I was diagnosed with aortic stenosis. I managed The Waiting Room for about 9 years, until I finally decided it was time for surgery in February, 2011. I'm still here most days, and will continue to be here as long as I can help.

I too joined in 2007, 3 months after my surgery.
I found the original web site within my hospital papers and Cooker welcomed me with open arms on "chat".

I joined in 2005 after having my first surgery in 2004. I had been a voyeur since before surgery and had found reassurance before surgery that a VR wasn't as bad as I had imagined and there was life on the other side. I was of the opinion that others could gain comfort from my experience as others had reassured me.

I found this forum early in 2005 if I remember correctly and wished I had found it sooner. I didn't join or post for a while. It would been so helpful to come here earlier in my recovery from my first surgery in late 2003.

I promised myself I would continue here to do what little I could to help those who faced surgery. I had my second surgery in 2008 and was grateful for the help I got here and still attempt to help in what little way I am able.

I joined in August 2000, before my first surgery in Jan 2001. I was just checking this site for the first time in a year and this looked like a good place to put up a post.
Bill

Howdy y'all..... Well now, it's been a while.. I joined when Hank 'found' me online and asked me to join his listserve. That was back in the dinosaur days when our communication was by e-mail and the website didn't exist yet! It was December of 1999...just a couple of months post surgery, so guess I'm about a 14 year member now.

I'm (we're) doing great these days and still up to no good...:biggrin2:

Back