London bombings

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I just wanted to say how terrible I feel about the London bombings. God Bless all those who perished and those who were injured by this senseless act. Our members "across the pond" are such wonderful friends.

Thank you, Nancy, for starting this thread. After 9/11, we had many many posts to us from everywhere round the world and look how long it's taken us to actually make our first post! Shame on us.

I recall that Billy posted pictures from everywhere in the world showing flowers at our embassies - how beautiful it was to see that outpouring and to know that the world stood with us.

I feel so horrible for Englanders that they have once again been struck by terror and death. It isn't new to them, but every time it occurs, surely it's 'new again'. My most sincere condolences to you all. May God stand by your side and carry you on.

No one is safe from terrorism. I'm sorry to see our friends suffer as we have.
We all think were protected, but that is nothing more then a grand illusion.

Nancy said:
I just wanted to say how terrible I feel about the London bombings. God Bless all those who perished and those who were injured by this senseless act. Our members "across the pond" are such wonderful friends.

When events like these occur, it serves to remind us how small some of our other concerns actually are.

God bless all touched by this tragedy.
Mary

Thank you Nancy,
I don't know anyone who was caught up in any of the bombings thankfully - I've heard from all my friends in the London area and all are safe and well. But there's a great sense of anger and also defiance evident in all the press coverage. The saddest part is that some relatives are still uncertain what happened to their loved ones, and my heart goes out to all of them.
Gemma.

We were all sorry to hear and see what took place over there. My wife recently bought me a DVD recorder so I could archive several programs I recorded on my Dish Network recorder. The first one I downloaded was the "In Memoriam, New York City" that HBO ran. I think this show and others about 9/11 should be rerun every 9/11 to remind people that WE (as was London and Spain) were attacked. It wasn't anything we did or didn't do. Nothing, NOTHING can warrant anyone doing something like this. A lot of Americans appear to have forgotten what they did to us. TV won't even show the towers coming down because IT IS TOO UPSETTING. It should be and we should be reminded how horrible it was.

SOAP BOX CLOSED.

May God Bless our Friends in London and,

May God Bless America,

Danny

I still think we should be rebuilding the towers just as they were. I think defiance is the one thing these idiots may actually understand.

My heart has been with Great Britain since this happened. There was another thread that did express our pain and connection to those in London and the country so this was not the first mention. Just wanted to remind ourselves that we are not that cold.

I wrote a lot of poems about 9/11 and I realize that they apply to the London attacks also. Pain is pain no matter where it occurs and we all suffer together.

I pray that we, as a planet, become more vigilant in the hopes of heading these things off in the future.

"God bless us, every one".

Back