Location seems to have dropped off

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Hi

when posting via the PC browser I used to see my location (for instance my Country). I no longer see that.

Given the international penetration of this forum I think its important to show that (or have the choice to) as quite a many are from the USA and I have found that its often the case that they (incorrectly) assume everyone else is too.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
VR.org Supporter
Hi

when posting via the PC browser I used to see my location (for instance my Country). I no longer see that.

Given the international penetration of this forum I think its important to show that (or have the choice to) as quite a many are from the USA and I have found that its often the case that they (incorrectly) assume everyone else is too.
I see your location when I click on your name and number of posts.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
I've logged on using two different browsers and on neither of them does anyone's location nor number of posts show anymore.

I wonder if it happened when our avatar's all changed from circular to square ?

Gordo60

but it used to be visible (or so I recalled, perhaps I'm confused) over under my name without actually needing to do anything
And other forums I frequent generally have this info visible. Seeing the member’s location is very useful, not all will know or think to click on the member to find their details. Also having the number of posts easily visible immediately gives the reader some idea of the potential knowledge / contribution of the member to the forum.

I personally would like to see this detail displayed like previously.

@Angie, is this possible please?

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Seeing the member’s location is very useful,
I think member's location is particularly useful as our different countries have very different medical systems which can impact in ways of care and access to doctors. I also thought it was useful when member's joining date was shown as well as number of posts. All those useful bits of info visible with the avatar.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anything else that you don’t see that you had before and need?

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
I see “that” information when I click on a member’s name.
good ... me too ... but its nice to see it up front when using a browser (which it seems others think so too)

By the way, many post numbers for early VR members are incorrect
not really interested in the post count ... it provides little useful information, but as others have also mentioned in their replies, NON US members can take into account locations more easily.

I don't mind that this change didn't benefit you, for it didn't harm you either (although it seemed to make some other people happy too)

Duffey

Me and Granbon
VR.org Supporter
good ... me too ... but its nice to see it up front when using a browser (which it seems others think so too)

not really interested in the post count ... it provides little useful information, but as others have also mentioned in their replies, NON US members can take into account locations more easily.

I don't mind that this change didn't benefit you, for it didn't harm you either (although it seemed to make some other people happy too)
I totally agree with your sentiments. I think location should be taken into account. However, I thought that your current location was in Europe not Australia. Have I got that wrong? My interest in this thread has been fueled by this perceived inconsistency.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
However, I thought that your current location was in Europe not Australia. Have I got that wrong?
I moved back from Finland last year. A bit regretfully, but uncertain where my "feet" really belong. Right now I feel I am better off here (for now).

sometimes the boundary of which side of the fence I wish to be on is blurred

Last edited:

Latest posts