Little League World Series..!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching and Texas does have a good team. Our Warner Robins, Ga team is not playing too shabby.:)

Hey Janie,

I've been keeping tabs on it. Saw part of one of Saturday's game on ABC. I love watching the LLWS as much as possible.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Swinging for the bleachers in the 9th inning" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Still Taking Chances'

WoW...!!

WoW...!!

San Antonio won over Chula Vista yesterday and Chula Vista has a GREAT team. Next up with Staten Island this evening of the Mid-Atlantic league.

I remember sitting in those stands too Ann....many moons ago, but still like to watch the kids. There are two girls playing this year..!!

San Antonio won over Chula Vista yesterday and Chula Vista has a GREAT team. Next up with Staten Island this evening of the Mid-Atlantic league.

I remember sitting in those stands too Ann....many moons ago, but still like to watch the kids. There are two girls playing this year..!!

I played ball most of my life up through college, so the LLWS has always captured my attention. I don't agree with the competitiveness of the tournament in some aspects, and I find it interesting that no one ever talks about this. Believe it or not, there are families who live their lives around this tournament, they uproot their families and move to these towns that you see in the tournament every year and train their kids very hard. These teams are specially groomed and stacked for the purpose of winning at a high level and IMHO, having been around little league baseball and travel baseball for years, I don't know if this is particularly healthy for some of the kids participating, and it's not exactly fair for players in these communities who are not of a high enough calibre to play on the select team. I don't know if the way some coaches and parents approach the tournament is consistent with the values of Little League. On a similar note, I don't think kids should be developing breaking pitches at this age either.

I would personally like to see the LL Big League teams play too, but by that point most kids drop out of LL for more prestigious leagues, so I doubt we'll see it.

Back