little guy need prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi could you please keep a little one who is having alot of problems post op from the fontan in your prayers? his name is Corbin . he was doing well and was being moved to step down and crashed here is todays up date (and a need for blood request) his carepage is CorbinGrabb thanks Lyn

Because there is God, there is Hope!

Update, prayer request and Call for YOUR help:

We continue to pray for a miracle of healing for Corbin. We have seen so many and we pray and expect yet another. My delay in posting is only because there is no significant change. Corbin continues on ECMO, to lose too much blood, and has received dozens of units of blood products. Although the blood must be thin to prevent clotting off the machine or dangers to the blood stream, his is not coagulating at all. This has resulted in a new medication to promote clotting, but that also means a second ECMO machine has been readied to take over if the first one clots off.

Corbin is constantly attended by the ECMO team which has to rotate due to the busy-ness of their work, plus other doctors 24/7. The U Mich staff is amazing.

Praise: T&T both rested well last night. Pastor Dave is still there with them. Corbin is still with us and God is in control.

Request: Because of the use of constant blood products, U Mich supply is running VERY low. In order to receive more blood from the American Red Cross, the ARC must first HAVE the blood. The hospital and T&T are asking that everyone who possibly can, donate blood through your local American Red Cross. Do NOT specify it for Corbin as that just ties the hands of the teams, but donate so the supply will continue to be available to U Mich to treat Corbin and others who need it. It does not matter where you live or what your blood type is. Just donate to the ARC, please.

Thank you -- I must hurry off to church meeting, but please know that your prayers are precious to us and honor God. We give God all the Glory -- great things He has done. We continue to pray with hope and will post as soon as there is any news or significant change.

GrandPenny

Not another little one after fontan! It must be something to do with the heart pressures, as some do so well after it yet we hear of too many suffering after it. None the less, of course Corbin has all our thoughts and love and we are praying for him to recover quickly!!
with love
Emma
xxx

I will put Corbin at the top of my prayer list. Please send good wishes to his family.

Little Corbin is in our thoughts and prayers -- keep the faith.

update sun night

update sun night

here is the latest from his page, www.carepages.com then corbingrabb

God is always faithful, his loving compassion knows no end.

There is no overall change. Corbin remains critical and his blood pressure is unstable. The volume of blood loss is reduced by half from yesterday, but still excessive. He is on dialysis. He suffered tachycardia (excuse sp?) but once the pacer was removed, he has been holding good heart rhythm and rate on his own for hours. The drugs are causing some thickening of the blood but the chest tubes require constant cleaning. The greatest medical praise is that the ECMO circuit has not had to be changed -- which is very risky.

Corbin needs a miracle of God. Medicine and man cannot heal Corbin, but God surely can. In addition to petitioning for and expecting a miracle of healing, we can pray specifically that the bleeding will stop, the chest tubes will drain clear and the ECMO circuit will not have to be changed.

Our church family prayed at the start of the meeting this morning for Corbin, T&T and our whole family. They focused the praise and worship on our struggles and it was evidence of God's power and might. There is no way we could endure this without the powerful grace and mercy of our God. When Gunnar (7) found out the whole church would pray, he said "yes", jumped up and down with a huge grin saying, "that's what we need, yes that's just what Corbin needs!" Oh, the wisdom of children.

Thank you for faithfully praying for Corbin, for leaving messages, calling, and thanks so much to those who have served in practical ways -- fun gifts for the boys, meals, grocery shopping, hand holding, praying with us, and general comfort. We are so blessed by God's provisions. Remember, Corbin means, "for whom God will provide". In addition to our exceptional church family and local friends, our "heart family" has stormed the gates with prayer using their own carepages to gather more to pray for Corbin, to donate blood and to visit Corbin's carepage. We are overwhelmed with thankfulness to everyone who cares, who prays, who visits the carepage, who donates blood and other acts of kindness. When we are weak, God is strong and He is showing His strength in many ways, including YOU.

Thank you for your faithfulness to pray and I'll update when there is significant change.
GrandPenny

Lynlw said:
here is the latest from his page, www.carepages.com then corbingrabb

God is always faithful, his loving compassion knows no end.

There is no overall change. Corbin remains critical and his blood pressure is unstable. The volume of blood loss is reduced by half from yesterday, but still excessive. He is on dialysis. He suffered tachycardia (excuse sp?) but once the pacer was removed, he has been holding good heart rhythm and rate on his own for hours. The drugs are causing some thickening of the blood but the chest tubes require constant cleaning. The greatest medical praise is that the ECMO circuit has not had to be changed -- which is very risky.

Corbin needs a miracle of God. Medicine and man cannot heal Corbin, but God surely can. In addition to petitioning for and expecting a miracle of healing, we can pray specifically that the bleeding will stop, the chest tubes will drain clear and the ECMO circuit will not have to be changed.

Our church family prayed at the start of the meeting this morning for Corbin, T&T and our whole family. They focused the praise and worship on our struggles and it was evidence of God's power and might. There is no way we could endure this without the powerful grace and mercy of our God. When Gunnar (7) found out the whole church would pray, he said "yes", jumped up and down with a huge grin saying, "that's what we need, yes that's just what Corbin needs!" Oh, the wisdom of children.

Thank you for faithfully praying for Corbin, for leaving messages, calling, and thanks so much to those who have served in practical ways -- fun gifts for the boys, meals, grocery shopping, hand holding, praying with us, and general comfort. We are so blessed by God's provisions. Remember, Corbin means, "for whom God will provide". In addition to our exceptional church family and local friends, our "heart family" has stormed the gates with prayer using their own carepages to gather more to pray for Corbin, to donate blood and to visit Corbin's carepage. We are overwhelmed with thankfulness to everyone who cares, who prays, who visits the carepage, who donates blood and other acts of kindness. When we are weak, God is strong and He is showing His strength in many ways, including YOU.

Thank you for your faithfulness to pray and I'll update when there is significant change.
GrandPenny

Corbin is in my prayers.

Lyn

Lyn

Thanks for posting this on here. I read about Corbin on Halle's page ............Jerra, of course, comes immediately to mind. I so hope and pray that Corbin does not join her. Then the cold shiver as I once again am reminded of how lucky we really were last summer.............yes, we had a tough time, but Katie is here, tent pitched in the living room and all (she's camping out in the house!) Corbin is at the top of our prayer list. Many hugs. J>

Urgent

Urgent

URGENT PRAYER NEED:

Corbin is bleeding out from his incision and other places beyond the chest tubes. The surgeon is reopening his chest right in the ICU to attempt to find the cause.
PLEASE PRAY

GrandPenny

"Dear God, please see fit to heal Corbin and let his family keep him on this earth longer."

Lynn, we will help as much as prayers can and they do so much good.

a liitle better, prayers are powerful

a liitle better, prayers are powerful

April 24, 2006 at 01:18 PM EDT
I've had questions without answers
I've known sorrow, I have known pain
But there's one thing that I'll cling to
You are faithful, Jesus You're true
When hope is lost I'll call You Savior
When pain surrounds I'll call You Healer
When silence falls You'll be the song within my heart

I will praise You, I will praise You
When the tears fall still I will sing to You
I will praise You, Jesus, praise You
Through the suffering still I will sing
When hope is lost I'll call You Savior
When pain surrounds I'll call You Healer
When silence falls You'll be the song within my heart
["When Tears Fall", Newsboys]

Friends,

I write with yet another testimony of God's healing power. I just spoke with Travis and he had just heard from the surgeon, who was pleased with the surgery. They found three bleeders which they were able to cauterize. The chest wall, previously just oozing blood, was said to look "better". Corbin's right lung is partially collapsed. This is the lung that he has had problems with during previous surgeries and even when going to moderate care during this hospitalization. Doctors tried to bag it open, but without success. They are going to do a bronchoscope in a little bit and perhaps suction, in hopes of getting it to pop open. Travis was very upbeat about this, stating that he felt confident that Corbin had done well with the surgery if they were going to go ahead with a second procedure.

After statements such as "we're between a rock and a hard place" and "our backs are up against the wall", this surgery has brought some medical hope as well as reminding us that we appeal to a higher Power -- that is the only One who has true power to heal Corbin. Further, we're also reminded that the God that has given us this present miracle is the same God who was sovereign over Corbin's birth, Corbin's prior surgeries, when Corbin crashed last week, when he was placed on ECMO, when he spent that glorious year at home with us, and the same unchanging God who will be sovereign over whatever happens from here. What a comfort to know that as our circumstances change with the wind, He is always faithful, always strong, and always sovereign.

With hope,

Lattany

[Note: I have been out all morning getting Layna's broken toe treated and was not home to receive Travis' call. Lattany is my daughter, Travis' 17 year-old sister who prepared this update for me to post the minute I arrived home. Friends, is this not another example of God's grace? Terri's sentiments from this morning are still true, Corbin is still with us, and, because there is God, there is Hope. Thanks to Kim and all those who rallied people around the whole world to pray for Corbin today at noon EST. God hears our prayers and we are blessed that He is giving us our heart's desire.
GrandPenny]

It is still amazing to this old girl how God sees fit to fix "hopeless" situations when we ask. Only He knows the reasons why he says no to some and yes to others. I am still praying that He continues to say yes to our prayers for Corbin.

geebee said:
"Dear God, please see fit to heal Corbin and let his family keep him on this earth longer."

Amen and amen. Hope is a powerful thing.

Prayers are headed up from Me....

Prayers are headed up from Me....

Wishing all the best and sending up all the strongest prayers that I can muster for this little one. Harrybaby:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Latest posts

Back