Little black cloud

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfay

Ok....here is the latest in our hospital sagas. Last night I went to be really early becuase this stomach thing just keeps hanging on. My husband woke me up at 12:30 in agony. This is a man who has only been to the hospital once in our 20 something years together. I took him to the emergency room...he has kidney stones! While we were there, the nurse said I didn't look well, could she take my temp....102! This just sucks! The topper is when we finally got home at 3 (with my husband high as a kite I might add), he thought something smelled weird in our house. I didn't care, I just wanted to get back to bed. This morning when I got up, I went to take something for my fever. The dishwasher felt very hot. I opened it up and the heat had malfunctioned or something and everything in the dishwasher was melted, including the plastic on the wire shelves.

We were supposed to head out of town on vacation today, but obviously that isn't happening. Neither one of us is able to drive.

Would someone please blow this little (or big) black cloud that is hanging over our house away!

I'm sorry that you seemed to have inherited the child of the black cloud that resides here. I've been asking and asking for someone to blow it away, but it just sits here. I'll see what I can do, but then again, maybe I shouldn't being that I have no luck.

oh, no. Guess something was there to tell you not to leave home just now. I am so sorry for your husband's pain. My brother had them and he was in agony. I pray that things will settle down for you and that God will blow that cloud to smithereens. Blessins...........

Ok............................. The dishwasher felt very hot. I opened it up and the heat had malfunctioned or something and everything in the dishwasher was melted, including the plastic on the wire shelves.

We were supposed to head out of town on vacation today, but obviously that isn't happening. Neither one of us is able to drive.

Would someone please blow this little (or big) black cloud that is hanging over our house away!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. :) If it makes you feel better some of said cloud must have crossed the Atlantic. Our dishwasher packed in yesterday, showing error code 30.... 'Turn off water supply and contact customer service', well thats a £40 call out fee! Then I opened a kitchen cupboard this morning to find it dripping with black gunge. A tin of black treacle had exploded, I presume it fermented. :(

I remember the little black cloud that paid me a visit before my last surgery. The washing machine blew up and flooded the house the day before my surgery. So I had to worry about cleaning up the mess, and getting a new washer for my wife.

I am so sorry that everything seems to happen all at once. However, you were fortunate that it was only the dishwasher that had a meltdown. The fire could have spread.

Just take baby steps and everything will get taken care of one by one.

I remember the feeling you must have had.

I brought Joe back home after having his third OHS to find that our septic tank decided to back up and I had to make all the toilets inoperable and call the cleanout service for an emergency. This was while he was on a big dose of diuretic and was only 4 days out of surgery. It took a day for the service to get everything working again.

Sometimes, you just have to say, "You know, I really didn't need this problem right now!"

Here's hoping everything starts on the road to recovery asap.

Sometimes, I have wondered aloud how in this life can you trust anything when the other shoe always does drop. It always does. Why? Who the heck knows. It just does...

Sometimes when pondering the meaning of life we all need to resign ourselves to the understanding that the true meaning of life is what you make it out to be. That is - the light that shines within. That will be your only true legacy no matter what the circumstances. And that fact, when all is said and done, is the only thing of value that you will carry with you to the other side....So how you all doing?

Sorry for your troubles. Hope things are looking up today.

As someone who has also been to the ER with Kidney Stones (I STILL remember that ride...there was NO way to get comfortable until the nurse said "follow me, I can give you some relief" as she give me a shot of Dilaudid through an IV. AHHH, that's better!) I'm wondering what they did for your husband. Did they extract the stones? Or break them up with ultrasound? Or had they already passed?

It's strange that your dishwasher went into 'meltdown' on it's own...and DANGEROUS. You are LUCKY that the whole house didn't catch on fire. See, the Black Cloud IS moving out :) Have you (or anyone) figured out how it failed? (Sorry for all the questions...it's the Engineer in me)

Sorry for your troubles. Hope things are looking up today.

As someone who has also been to the ER with Kidney Stones (I STILL remember that ride...there was NO way to get comfortable until the nurse said "follow me, I can give you some relief" as she give me a shot of Dilaudid through an IV. AHHH, that's better!) I'm wondering what they did for your husband. Did they extract the stones? Or break them up with ultrasound? Or had they already passed?

It's strange that your dishwasher went into 'meltdown' on it's own...and DANGEROUS. You are LUCKY that the whole house didn't catch on fire. See, the Black Cloud IS moving out :) Have you (or anyone) figured out how it failed? (Sorry for all the questions...it's the Engineer in me)

Al, He still has the stones. They want him to try and pass them on his own! I think he is less than thrilled with this. They are still at the very top of the path down, so we have no idea how long this is going to take. Meanwhile, he continues to stay high. I have no idea what happened to the dishwasher. It wasn't on. We are indeed very lucky to have not had a fire last night, I don't think either of us would have been in shape to do something about it.

Does anyone know of something you can do to bring down a fever? I'm now at 103 and although I can take tylenol (which does nothing) I am allergic to all NSAIDS which I know would bring it down. I'm open to any suggestions.

I feel silly complaining about this trivial stuff when obviously we have a member and his family on here who are hurting so badly. Thanks to all of you for your concern and well wishes.

Kim

Does anyone know of something you can do to bring down a fever? I'm now at 103 and although I can take tylenol (which does nothing) I am allergic to all NSAIDS which I know would bring it down. I'm open to any suggestions.

Kim... have you tried a cool bath? Not cold, but cool.

So sorry for all your woes and praying that you are both on the mend soon. I remember that when the children were young and ran a high fever, the docs use to prescribe wiping them down with cold washcloths and an alcohol rub- that was over 35 years ago- not sure if it is still good advice. Have you called your pcp?

Did "they" tell your husband how big the stones were?

Did he have a consultation with a Urologist?

Urologists have an ultrasonic device that can break up large stones into smaller pieces which will pass more easily (and hopefully with less 'discomfort').

What does your PCP have to say about your fever?
Do you know what is causing it?

'AL Capshaw'

I am soooooo sorry for your troubles KFay....

I am soooooo sorry for your troubles KFay....

Ok....here is the latest in our hospital sagas. Last night I went to be really early becuase this stomach thing just keeps hanging on. My husband woke me up at 12:30 in agony. This is a man who has only been to the hospital once in our 20 something years together. I took him to the emergency room...he has kidney stones! While we were there, the nurse said I didn't look well, could she take my temp....102! This just sucks! The topper is when we finally got home at 3 (with my husband high as a kite I might add), he thought something smelled weird in our house. I didn't care, I just wanted to get back to bed. This morning when I got up, I went to take something for my fever. The dishwasher felt very hot. I opened it up and the heat had malfunctioned or something and everything in the dishwasher was melted, including the plastic on the wire shelves.

I KNOW what agony your husband was in, and let me tell you, he DESERVED to be HIGH AS A KITE upon returning home after all the pain he experienced. Back in 2004, I went to the ER 4 times in an ambulance because the pain from my kidney stone(s) were so bad that I couldn't even drive, so I can sympathize with what you and your hubby are going through. Please know that I hope this cloud of disaster washes away quickly and I will pray that you and your hubby get to feeling better ASAP!!! (((((((((((((((Hugs from Harrybaby)))))))))))))):eek::eek:

I feel silly complaining about this trivial stuff when obviously we have a member and his family on here who are hurting so badly. Thanks to all of you for your concern and well wishes.

Kim

Kim

My parents believe in homeopathic medicine only and here are a few things they use for a high fever.

A cold compress to your head

A wet cloth dipped in cold water around your body and then cover with something warm, then repeat every few hours.

Take a cool shower or bath, not cold, every so often.

Most importantly drink lots of water, 10 glasses or more a day, as your fever will make you dehydrated which will make you even worse. They also say not to eat anything with a fever that high.

And I would want to call my doctor, as he will probably have better advice.

We are praying for you and your husband both.

Best wishes

Diana

So sorry you guys are stuck under this dark cloud !!! I sure hope it moves on soon.....NOT IN THIS DIRECTION THOUGH....Iv already got one thanks!! ((((HUGS)))))

Latest posts

Back