Lip Bleed Won’t Stop

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homeskillet

I have a cracked lip on side of my mouth that keeps bleeding when I yawn or stretch my jaws, etc. Tonight it got worse than ever and absolutely would NOT stop bleeding.

INR is at 2.6 tonight, so not too high.

After packing some powder sealant in the crack in lip it FINALLY cacked up enough to form a seal, but, when I remove the seal I fear it will start again. Virtually drenched a towel in blood before it slowed.

Just wondering what y’all would suggest for cracked lips that won’t stop bleeding due to warfarin. Any tips would be appreciated (I didn’t try ice cube which might have helped some?).

Thank you in advance!

Vaseline can work to hydrate the lips and help it heal, but even better is Carmex. I have friends and family members who get cracks in their lips that have trouble healing. Carmex has solved problems that other products (vaseline, chapsticl) could not. One guy had a big fissure in the middle of his lip, nothing worked until he changed to Carmex. I'd put Carmex on it, and hold pressure on it with a small paper towel and watch a 30 min. TV show.

Carmex applied regularly during the day will prevent the problems. If you spend time outside, put it on before you go out. Trouble with Carmex is the taste when you kiss someone...my wife uses it :)

I used to have horrible sores in the corners of my mouth. My dental hygienist suggest I apply liquid vitamin E several times a day. So I did, and the sores healed and I haven't had them since - 20 years-ish. But that was before warfarin. It's worth a shot!

Ok, got it! Didn’t think about Vaseline, Carmex and Vit. E. Headed to the store to load up !

Latest posts

Back