Life expectancy with or without

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of migraines I just had one today.

Came on at start of my day, right when walking to my workstation at about 7pm (which is my 7am).

Since when I have migraines bright lights and loud noises are especially tortuous and where I work is a goddam factory from hell with literally hundreds of brighter than a thousand suns flourescent lights hanging from the ceiling and an unimaginable cacophony of noise with alarms of all frequencies going off, clatterings, clankings, clunkings, bangings, whooshings, scrapings, grinding noises, thumps, scrapings, hummings, people yelling,forklift trucks ramblings & backup sirens, and a million other sounds (all audible even through earplugs combining to make a constant crushing cacophony for the entire 12 hours) I used to curse my luck when a migraine struck at work, but now - having had migraines of course also on my days off when I am trying to relax or do something - I actually prefer having them at work where I am already thoroughly miserable such that added misery doesn't matter to me as much as having a day off ruined.

Dearest Slipkid

Your post caught my attention as it features a photo of a former boss. Yes, sir, I actually used to work for Pete Townsend at his Eel Pie studios MANY MANY years ago - before i lost my hair and my two valves.

Don't know why I am mentioning it, but thought that it might add to the generally awful drudgery that is the subject of Valvereplacement. A bit of wild Rock'n'Roll is always preferable to "when am I going to die?" types of questions.

And to anyone else bored enough to read this, I have a list of "celebs" that I have worked for that stretches from Mcihael Jackson, through to Prince and Bill Clinton. Fat lot of use it did me when I was on the operating table, but these days they are great stories for the dinner table - if I ever had another dinner party, that is... So now I just make sure my young kids know of their daddy' history, as well as making them realise that life actually DID exist before Tik-Schlok took over their minds...

As regards your migraines, I always found that a damned good tug often went some way to alleviating such symptoms...

Lets get THAT through the censors!!!

As regards your migraines, I always found that a damned good tug often went some way to alleviating such symptoms.
16467071821171936799848.jpg

I think I am reading a suicide attempt.

If you think stopping warfarin is the easier way to go, you have another thing coming.

You are risking a stroke more than anything else.

Dearest Slipkid

Your post caught my attention as it features a photo of a former boss. Yes, sir, I actually used to work for Pete Townsend at his Eel Pie studios MANY MANY years ago - before i lost my hair and my two valves.

Don't know why I am mentioning it, but thought that it might add to the generally awful drudgery that is the subject of Valvereplacement. A bit of wild Rock'n'Roll is always preferable to "when am I going to die?" types of questions.

And to anyone else bored enough to read this, I have a list of "celebs" that I have worked for that stretches from Mcihael Jackson, through to Prince and Bill Clinton. Fat lot of use it did me when I was on the operating table, but these days they are great stories for the dinner table - if I ever had another dinner party, that is..

Cool stuff. I'm sure you must have a large repertoire of entertaining stories. I had a friend who worked for Hollywood bigshot Jerry Bruckheimer and she had the most hilarious behind the scenes stories about film sets, stars, "board meetings" etc.

Dearest Slipkid

And to anyone else bored enough to read this, I have a list of "celebs" that I have worked for that stretches from Mcihael Jackson, through to Prince and Bill Clinton. Fat lot of use it did me when I was on the operating table, but these days they are great stories for the dinner table - if I ever had another dinner party, that is... So now I just make sure my young kids know of their daddy' history, as well as making them realise that life actually DID exist before Tik-Schlok took over their minds...

As regards your migraines, I always found that a damned good tug often went some way to alleviating such symptoms...

Lets get THAT through the censors!!!
I'm just curious if, assuming she was sympathetic, having my wife do ( this-for me of course) would have the same beneficial effects?

Along these same lines, I have a realistic question that perhaps folks can help me with.

What would be my life expectancy if I decided to take up sky diving and did it 3x per day? Also, I don’t want to bother with a back up parachute- too time consuming to pack, just the primary one, so please factor that into your calculation.

Additionally, I’m thinking of doing bungee jumping a few times per week as well, say 5x. I should add that the crew of the local bungee jump company, you know, the folks that are supposed to make sure that your harness is secure, and the bungy rope is property tied down, are known to come in to work stoned every day. Hey, it's legal now.

As well, I’m considering taking a new job in which I would scuba dive and photograph underwater Elephant Seal activity at Ano Nuevo State Park, CA, which is notorious for being a feeding zone for Great White Sharks. In your calculations, please provide for my life expectancy if I did the photography during breeding season vs other times of the year.
I feel pretty safe when I am “in” the water diving than I would being on the surface. As long as you can see underwater its pretty easy to determine if you are on their menu. Diving with sharks around doesn’t bother me.

I feel pretty safe when I am “in” the water diving than I would being on the surface. As long as you can see underwater its pretty easy to determine if you are on their menu. Diving with sharks around doesn’t bother me.

Before they enacted the ban, I used to abaolone dive every year off the Mendocino coast. By code, you could ot use tanks and had to freedive, typlically from a floatation inner tube, which held the abs. This was well known Great White Shark territory. Also, you keep the abs in your floatation device and they tend to bleed once bagged. I hear what your saying on being able to to see. If we had 10 feet of visibility it was a good day. Often it was only 2-3 feet and sometimes it was zero. We had to dive down into the darkness and feel for the abs under the rocks. We called that ab diving by braille.

It was hard to totally block out the reality of the waters having GW sharks. From time to time a diver would get eaten. A good strategy is to always dive with a partner who is slower than you are. ;) When coming up from the deep targeting a cluster of mammals, I hear that they target the slowest seal (diver) and yes we probably looked a lot like seals to them. In fact, they tend to not like humans and prefer the juicy blubber of seals. Shark experts know this because they often will just take one bite of a human then not take another- too bony. Unfortunately, when a 16 foot GW shark takes a sample bite from you, you're generally done.

whatever you do don't pee in the water ..

Oops! Like I said, I had a slower dive partner for insurance :ROFLMAO:

Morning coffee, then 2-3 hours free diving for abs and maybe trying to spear a few fish. Peeing in the wetsuit happens. I think that the bleeding fish is the real issue. Whenever I speared a large one, I tended to wrap up the dive pretty soon after, at least when diving in GW shark waters.

Before they enacted the ban, I used to abaolone dive every year off the Mendocino coast. By code, you could ot use tanks and had to freedive, typlically from a floatation inner tube, which held the abs. This was well known Great White Shark territory. Also, you keep the abs in your floatation device and they tend to bleed once bagged. I hear what your saying on being able to to see. If we had 10 feet of visibility it was a good day. Often it was only 2-3 feet and sometimes it was zero. We had to dive down into the darkness and feel for the abs under the rocks. We called that ab diving by braille.

It was hard to totally block out the reality of the waters having GW sharks. From time to time a diver would get eaten. A good strategy is to always dive with a partner who is slower than you are. ;) When coming up from the deep targeting a cluster of mammals, I hear that they target the slowest seal (diver) and yes we probably looked a lot like seals to them. In fact, they tend to not like humans and prefer the juicy blubber of seals. Shark experts know this because they often will just take one bite of a human then not take another- too bony. Unfortunately, when a 16 foot GW shark takes a sample bite from you, you're generally done.
It sounds fun if you don't get eaten. I hate to admit it but I don't think I'm quite that adventurous

I'm just curious if, assuming she was sympathetic, having my wife do ( this-for me of course) would have the same beneficial effects?
Oh - Do you live in Fantasy-Land??!! What in heavens would even bring one to IMAGINE such an errant and impossible concept! Future Wife - VERY likely!! Go THAT route instead if all other options have been exhausted.

Latest posts

Back