Less than 24 Hours, and Counting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AgilityDog

I just got back from pre-surgical intake, blood draws, and x-ray. I'm about a pint low, and sporting a fancy plastic bracelet:thumbd:

They've changed my schedule again. Now I check in at 9:30, which means little chance of slicing and dicing before noon. But there's wi-fi in all the waiting rooms, and I hope my husband and friends will remember to post something here.
If not, I've got a Caringbridge site: www. caringbridge.org and the website name is lauriesavr
You'll have to log in with your email and make up a password if you don't have one already for caringbridge.

Our friend Judy has promised to post there for all the work and dog folks.

One of the staff checking me in is on the hospital's patient education committee. I told her about valvereplacement.org and how wonderful you all are, how educational, and comforting. She was very interested, and hopes to pass along the info to future valve patients.

I also agreed to let them use my genetic materials for research. One of the doctors at Baylor is looking at a protein deficiency disease which causes heart problems. (Y'all remember the recent movie with Harrison Ford as the researcher? it's related to that disease). They are studying 5000 heart patients to see if we have a greater incident of the genetic marker for this disease than other people. Since I've got nieces and nephews and great nephews I think it's important to know if they find any genetic marker that may indicate these kiddos are at a higher risk for heart problems and stroke. We already know these things run in our family.

I'm already hoping for them to be able to grow me a new heart from my own stem cells someday, so I sure ought to be willing to contribute to research myself.:) Lord knows there's not much more spit and baling wire they can put on mine!

Laurie , flying your way
angel.gif
PRAYERS and a
hug.gif
and then your new posts

Greg

all my best-remember its a great hospital and dr. ryan will come through for you!

Yes indeed - good luck with your surgery. Here's to a trouble free op and a boring, uneventful recovery. I'll be thinking about you.

Latest posts

Back