Leaving the waiting room

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken taylor

Im happy to report that on Thursday may 26 Dr. Igor Gregoric Texas Heart Institute at St. Lukes in Houston will install my ON_X Arotic Valve. This will be my 2nd OHS. I do not have any symptoms yet. But with my valve area 0.88 and my artery of 4.4 ,I forced the issue. From what I have learned from this forum the cardiologist will take you down the road as far as they can. I gave them two options do it now so I can get on with life or I will go to Cleveland to get it done, And I told them if I did anything physical I had chest discomfort, Thinking that the insurance would give them the green light with that information. The cardiologist told me all the dangers of the surgery. I told him that I want to focus on the flag and if I land in the sand trap we would get out the wedge and dig our way out. THANK YOU ALL!!! The GOOD LORD willing and if the creek dont rise I will post after surgery. Once again THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS

I will be two weeks behind you & wish you the very best of luck. My problem is a leaky valve & an enlarged heart which is close to a point of no return, so I have no option to delay.

Congratulations Ken !

Good Surgeons take into account symptoms and how your disease impacts your life style.
I'm glad to hear that THI decided to "Fix you up" so you can get on with your life!

Best Wishes,

'AL Capshaw'

Ken
Best of luck on your upcoming surgery. Sending well wishes for a speedy recovery. See you on the other side of the mountain !!!

Renee
Go Team 2011 !!!!

Ken, glad to hear you are getting it on your schedule, and I will be thinking about you this week.

Ken,
Wishing you well with your surgery. my prayers and thoughts are with you!! Looking forward to your post op posts!

RZG

Few tears, little scared, little pissed off , i ask my self why me? Then I think about all the kids that have to go through this and the young man that has gone through this 5 times. God hold my hand ,prop me up. All of you are my insperation!!!!

Ken - The feelings are all completely normal. We all go through them, some worse than others and some more willing to admit to them than others. You've made all of your choices, so now is the time to just do whatever is on the schedule (tests, travel, etc.). You will do fine. The first few weeks after surgery are the most difficult, then it gets much easier. Soon you'll be back to your normal self.

We'll be here for you to read your progress reports. Keep us posted.

Hi Ken

You will soon be a fellow On-X recipient. You are lucky to have the latest and greatest in AV's implanted.
Look forward to an elimination of heart pain as your heart remodels. See ya at the 19 hole!

Hi LeakyUK, glad to see you are on the move, here. My BNP basically sucked irrespective of my fouled up aortic valve, and I knew if I didn't get the plug out of the way, my tricuspid...which was taking all the backlog...had no reason to improve. So in I dove! There is cardio that remodels, and cardio that doesn't. Giving it a bloody good reason to do the job it was born to do is nod huge bit of respect and faith shown in it...and the sooner the better. Hearts just remodel. You and I have every reason to forget the world and let our hearts do what they do best..no, not make US feel anyvbetter, to heal themselves for the job they've been denied they were created with the desire to do....HEAL/get to work....we're both of us gonna be real confused for a while because all our hearts KNOW is frustration; ah, but in there its just pininig to get it right. Respect it in every way you can, nutrients.., signs saying blood This Way Now (just kidding about the signs)... And, as I am doing, celebrate the little but to us vast hurdles that say ...."hold on..I think I'm getting it..." for heaven 's sake keep us updated! A former Canuck. Michellemer

Latest posts

Back