Lbbb

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neil;n871487 said:
Just wondering how many of you have this LBBB ?

I think I have that, if that abbreviation relates to the brachio-cephalic vein, because that is what I have, I was under the impression it was related to the amount of times my vein has had a major mainline stuck in it during surgeries.

It's something I have since my valve replacement. It shows up on any echo and unless you tell them you have it it causes a bit of panic. My cardio says nothing to worry about and also my surgeon. Just another little present I guess lol

neil;n871521 said:
My cardio says nothing to worry about and also my surgeon. Just another little present I guess lol

indeed ... the more surgeries you have, the more little Easter Eggs you get ;-)

My surgeon (and my cardio, and others I know and my own understanding of anatomy) suggests that the vascular system (not the arterial system) has a way of re-routing around these things. The veins are just the return system and its the arteries that are both higher pressure and more critical.

I have also (for instance) lost a vein in my right elbow so that 1) its hard to get BP down there 2) they can't get blood draws there either. One more reason why I prefer the finger prick blood tests ... only have limited numbers of easy access veins for blood draws ... so I'm saving mine for when they may really be needed.

Back