Lauren's hope medical bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these bracelets are great. The one that I wear all the time is from James Avery and simply says Coumadin on the back. The only drawback is that it is silver and I don't want to dish out the money for the gold! Frankly, I would hope that any medical person could put a stethoscope to my heart, figure out the issues involved, and treat accordingly. I've had doctors in elevators ask me about my valve. If I run into a medical person that doesn't know what that clicking is, I'm not sure that I want them treating me!!!! So, I'm not sure of the value of the Medic Alert bracelet in this particular instance. I'm sure it's more valuable if you have a less noticeable medical issue. Personally, I'll go for style. I wear my bracelet because my doctor wants me to, and it is a conversation piece!

i too wear the medic alert bracelet.. mine doesn't come off at nite though, not because i chose not too, but i need professional jewerler equipment to open the flippin' clasp....so i plan to also order a necklace.. i've looked at other brands and agree, i like medic alert for all the info you can give them.. with being a AVR and dealing with CHF (going thru the ups and downs of meds as my heart heals and see how much damage was done) i just don't have the room on the back of it to engrave it all..

cmb

Your Doctor at UW

Your Doctor at UW

Joy,I live in Bremerton and will be seeing the Dr. you referred to.I'd like some input from you about him.My e-mail is [email protected]
I go for a pre-op consult on the 19th of Sept.

Thanks
Jim

Latest posts

Back