Lancets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mina

Hello! For those in the US who home test and don't go though insurance for it - where do you get your lancets and other supplies these days? I'm having no luck! My old supplier seems to be defunct and the new supplier I just tried sent the wrong ones. Thanks in advance!!

Mina: I have a box of hundreds of 21 gauge lancets that I'm not going to use. They're 'expired', but I can't think of what can go wrong with a lancet. I can probably even scrounge a lancing device.

They're yours if you want them.

I use a preloaded, single use, lancing device for my tests. They're easier, you don't have to throw out (or store) used lancets, and they make the right size incision for an INR test. I got them on eBay. They're actually pretty easy to find on eBay -- just look for 21 gauge. You may even find them in listings for CoaguChek XS (or Coag-Sense).

I also have some that I'm not crazy about - probably around 100 or so -- they do the job, but sometimes can leave a small bruise.

If you want more information, or want the 21 gauge lancets, send me a private message, and we canwork things out.

Does anyone have some extra - current or recently expired - XS strips that you can spare?

While I trust my meter, the lab consistently comes out with a value that's nearly 2 higher than what my Coag-Sense tells me. I'm thinking about verifying both numbers by using my CoaguChek XS. But I don't have any recent strips.

If you have some extra strips (I probably waste a strip or two just running the test), I would be very grateful.

If you have some strips - or even recently expired strips, please send me a private message.

Thanks

I want to ask if the softclix device with consecutive uses breaks or weakens the spring? Now roche promotes the new fast clix but does not have 21 g lancets for it. In Greece, roche no longer has the soft clix for sale and I think that in a short time it will only exist in the original packaging. I have ordered one from ebay to have it if the original is damaged and I would suggest you if you find to buy one I also have lancets sterile automatic 21g .

I had two of the lancet devices break 12-14 years ago. After the second one, I switched to single use lancets. Easy to use, no worries about anything breaking, and low cost. I don't see the point of using the lancet devices. :)(pun intended)

I use the softclix but w/o the head or the spring. Without the head, I just jab it in all 3mm. Gives me a quicker better drop, especially on cold days.

Latest posts

Back