Corona Virus

Lancets

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

mina

Hello! For those in the US who home test and don't go though insurance for it - where do you get your lancets and other supplies these days? I'm having no luck! My old supplier seems to be defunct and the new supplier I just tried sent the wrong ones. Thanks in advance!!

Protimenow

Mina: I have a box of hundreds of 21 gauge lancets that I'm not going to use. They're 'expired', but I can't think of what can go wrong with a lancet. I can probably even scrounge a lancing device.

They're yours if you want them.

I use a preloaded, single use, lancing device for my tests. They're easier, you don't have to throw out (or store) used lancets, and they make the right size incision for an INR test. I got them on eBay. They're actually pretty easy to find on eBay -- just look for 21 gauge. You may even find them in listings for CoaguChek XS (or Coag-Sense).

I also have some that I'm not crazy about - probably around 100 or so -- they do the job, but sometimes can leave a small bruise.

If you want more information, or want the 21 gauge lancets, send me a private message, and we canwork things out.

trav

Protimenow

Does anyone have some extra - current or recently expired - XS strips that you can spare?

While I trust my meter, the lab consistently comes out with a value that's nearly 2 higher than what my Coag-Sense tells me. I'm thinking about verifying both numbers by using my CoaguChek XS. But I don't have any recent strips.

If you have some extra strips (I probably waste a strip or two just running the test), I would be very grateful.

If you have some strips - or even recently expired strips, please send me a private message.

Thanks

Latest posts

Group Builder