Lancets for INR testing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What we have to remember is that we need 21 gauge lancets.
Lancets for blood glucose testing (30 gauge or smaller) will NOT work,

You may have to special order 21 gauge lancets (there may be some on eBay) or ask your pharmacist to order some for you. Again - lancets for diabetic testing won't work - the lance is too small to make a large enough incision.

One of the people here, who will go nameless, apparently uses the diabetic lances and pricks his finger multiple times (without the benefit of the 'pen' that holds the lancets) until he makes a large enough incision for doing the testing.

Using the right sized lancet would avoid this problem. But, of course, whatever works for a person, works for that person, no matter how odd this may sound to others.

One of the people here, who will go nameless, apparently uses the diabetic lances and pricks his finger multiple times (without the benefit of the 'pen' that holds the lancets) until he makes a large enough incision for doing the testing.

Using the right sized lancet would avoid this problem. But, of course, whatever works for a person, works for that person, no matter how odd this may sound to others.
I use the pen with my lancets for my diabetes. You can adjust the gauge to penetrate deeper. It is a pain, but it works, and I never reuse the lancets, since they are a one-time use.

Back