Lancets for Coaguchek Softclix lancet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trav

I have a Coaguchek Softclix lancet and was wondering if you are able to get the actual lancet “cartridges” from somewhere other than a monitoring service? Or have you only been able to find them on eBay or through a monitoring service?

I have seen lancets available for Accu Chek Softclix, but aren’t those needles a little bit smaller that will not get a good blood drop for INR testing? Has anyone used Accu Chek lancets in a Coaguchek Softclix?

Correct, the Coaguchek lances are a bigger gauge (diameter) I would suggest eBay, but I buy from a supplier in Australia or Germany depending where I'm living at the time.

What you are looking for are the 21 gauge lancets.

Personally, I prefer the 21 gauge single use lancing devices. A few companies offer them. They're available on Amazon and sometimes on eBay.

In a pinch, I also found that 23 gauge Veterinary single use devices work well.

I recently got a new lancet device from Acelis that supplies my strips. My old Accuchek finally broke and I was able to get a new Coaguchek device with no out of pocket costs. I see on the paperwork that you can use Accuchek lancets with the Coaguchek Softclix. I noticed when I got the new device that I had to turn it to 3 from 2.5 to get the best blood drop.
I used to get my Accuchek lancets from Costco or Walmart.

I have tried 21g 1.8mm and 21g 2.2mm, my skin is relatively hard, especially on the fingers, because of the judo and Greco-Roman wrestling that I did in the past.
Both work fine and I prefer the 1.8mm for less injury ,τhe softclix can only have a good drop if I set it to 5.5, that is to say the maximum, maybe the other brand, even though it is 1.8mm, has a stronger spring and penetrates the skin more easily. My conclusion is that apart from the size of the needle, the tension of the spring is also important.

Attachments

• 20230601_070408.jpg
    20230601_070408.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 0
Be aware they are a thinner gauge, which for some people results in insufficient blood and thus wasted strips
I've found 21 gauge lancets online and, when I was using a lancing device, occasionally at pharmacies. The lancets at Costco and other places, as Pellicle said, are 30 (or so) gauge and made for testing blood glucose, They're too fine to get an adequate drop for INR testing.

The SoftClix didn't work as well as I wanted. So now I take the top of the SoftClix and just stab in the full depth of the needle.

Tom: The single use lancing devices aren't that expensive, they're preset to the right depth (if you buy the right ones), and are arguably better than just taking a lancet and jabbing your finger with it.

But do whatever works for you.

For me, paying about a quarter a week is worth it,

The preloaded one use lancets are designed to make an incision at a specific depth, This gives the user more control over the depth of the incision.

If the goal is to make as deep an incision as possible, without concern for depth, stabbing the finger may be better. For me, I'm more comfortable pressing a button or pressing the device into my finger than I am just jabbing it with a bare lancet,

And, FWIW, I wonder if Tom is using 21 gauge lancets or the smaller 31 gauge lancets for blood glucose testing.

The preloaded one use lancets are designed to make an incision at a specific depth, This gives the user more control over the depth of the incision.

If the goal is to make as deep an incision as possible, without concern for depth, stabbing the finger may be better. For me, I'm more comfortable pressing a button or pressing the device into my finger than I am just jabbing it with a bare lancet,

And, FWIW, I wonder if Tom is using 21 gauge lancets or the smaller 31 gauge lancets for blood glucose testing.
https://www.vitrexmedical.com/products/vitrex-lancets/vitrex-steel-2/

I use the SoftClix pen-like device for INR testing that I got with my meter. You load it with needles that have white plastic tabs on the end. You can set the machine to plunge the needle in, but I sometimes didn't get a good stick no matter what the setting. Now I take off the top and just jab the needle in all the way into my finger. It works better for me.

Yes. You wrote this before.

I also have the Softclix device and I've used it.

Their primary use is for testing blood sugar. The lancets that they usually sell at pharmacies are 30 gauge. These are too small to get a usable drop of blood for INR testing. You need 21 gauge lancets for INR testing. Otherwise you'll have to ignore the Softclix and stab your finger with the undersized lancet.

If you're going to continue using the Softclix, be sure you have the right size lancets. (They may be special order but you can find them on Amazon or eBay. They'll make it easier to get a usable incision without having to stab your finger for each test)

Altermatively you can buy the single use 21 gauge devices made for INR testing.

I have tried 21g 1.8mm and 21g 2.2mm, my skin is relatively hard, especially on the fingers, because of the judo and Greco-Roman wrestling that I did in the past.
Both work fine and I prefer the 1.8mm for less injury ,τhe softclix can only have a good drop if I set it to 5.5, that is to say the maximum, maybe the other brand, even though it is 1.8mm, has a stronger spring and penetrates the skin more easily. My conclusion is that apart from the size of the needle, the tension of the spring is also important.
I'm a bit confused about your measurements, so I thought I'd just share this
http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2023/06/inr-lance-sizes.html
Best Wishes

orange 21G 2.2mm
blue 21G 1.8mm
yellow softclix

Attachments

• 3e.JPG
    3e.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back