Ladies- a question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Ladies- a question

Hi ladies-
Here is a girl question.. Did anyone else have terrible muscle pain in her boobs after the surgery?
I had been wearing these post-op bras, but switched to my regular ones because of this muscle pain. I thought I might need more support. So far not much difference.

How long does it last?
Any tips for pain relief besides more Tylenol 4?

-Mara

Hi Mara,

I had a lot of pain. I wore those darn front open support bras and they nearly drove me up the wall. Plus they were too small. Thank the hospital for that one. I only lasted a few weeks before I started wearing my regular bras. It still hurt especially around the sternum. I needed the support cause my boobs kept trying to pull my incision apart. I was still wearing a bra to bed six weeks postop because it hurt so much. I think about 8 weeks I I was feeling better during the day and at night i didn't need the support anymore. Hope that helped some! :)

Same thing

Same thing

Mara,
I've felt the same thing and thought the same thing so the bras I own without underwire out they've come. It's worse on my right side and I'm right handed. It sometimes feels like a pulled muscle. I wasn't able to take the anti-inflametory drugs in the hospital. I'm using Advil twice a day 3 tablets each time. I still take the tylenol 3 at night along with a sleeping pill. It does seem to be getting better slowly.

Leslie D

Hi Mara

I was uncomfortable, not in pain. Maybe the rubbing from the Bra? Not sure.

Victoria secret sells a wonderful sports type. Don't even notice it when wearing. Like to call it invisible.

Wish I would have known about these before surgery. Think it is a new product though?

And gentleman, no wise cracks you hear ;)

Back