Ken from Texas Insurance for Pre condition

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken taylor

Hi folks, Just wanted you to know because I was living in Panama, now Texas. I moved back for my up and comming valve replacement. Have no Insurance, But starting Dec 1 two weeks from now I will be covered by PCIP.gov it a program that will pay for my surgery if need be the day it goes into effect, So there is help for those in need. Check it out. Ken

I was looking at the site and there are different plans depending which state you live in. Here is a link to the map http://www.healthcare.gov/law/provisions/preexisting/index.html to find if your state is part of the Gov plan or has their own, with a link to each staes info

Also here are the requirements, It looks like you have to show proof you tried to buy insurance and were turned down. So I guess IF you think you will need the preexisting condition plans, you should apply for others first, just show you can show you were turned down? Altho I haven't found out what happens IF another plan will cover you, but you couldn't afford their insurance.

Q: What are the basic requirements for the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan?

A: There are a few requirements to meet before you can enroll in the Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan.
You must be a citizen or national of the United States or lawfully present in the United States.
You must have been uninsured for at least the last six months. This includes High Risk Pool Coverage and insurance coverage that may only exclude coverage for a pre-existing medical condition.
You must have had a problem getting insurance due to a pre-existing condition.
In addition, to apply you must submit
A completed and signed application form
A copy of documentation of citizenship or legal presence in the United States
A copy of a letter from an insurance company, dated within the past 6 months denying your application for coverage, or excluding coverage of your medical condition.
If accepted for coverage, you must pay a monthly premium to maintain that coverage.

Back