Katie's three year valversary! Can ya believe it?!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Happy Valvsaversary Katie! I still have pictures of you in ICU and a really nice pic of you on my refrigerator. :D

No, I can't, but I remember so well how I followed her daily progress and prayed for Katie, Janet and her family. I am so thankful that she is doing so well and is her beautiful, spunky self today. Congratulations Katie- we love you!

Wow - that is hard to believe! Congratulations to our Famous and Fabulous Katielion!

I had the pleasure (if not the happiest of surroundings for it) to meet Janet, Don and Katie in Ann Arbor during Katie's replacement. I just cannot believe it was 3 years ago.

I just remember thinking how sad it was for such a little one to have to deal with so much. As adults, it is sometimes easier to get your arms around OHS but how do you explain such things to a toddler?

Katie is such a trooper and so are Janet and Don. Makes me feel guilty for whining at all.

Happy valversary Princess KatieLion - we are looking forward to hearing about all your future escapades.;):D

Katie's story shook me more than anything else ever has on this site. When Janet first joined, she had an avatar that showed Katie after her last operation. For months, I would pass her posts because I couldn't bring myself to look at the picture. I had a granddaughter who looked much like Katie, and the resemblence was too strong.

Katie's surgery, and the subsequent months of recovery, was an emotional roller coaster. There were times when we thought she might not survive, but she held on in one of the greatest displays of grit and determination I've ever known. My admiration for her is boundless. She comes from tough stock--thank God!

Happily I had a chance to meet Katie, Janet, Don, and Tripp on a trip to San Antonio, and Katie is just as energetic as Janet portrays her!;):) She is a true VR success story, and I wish her decades of happy valversaries!

Happy valvaversary, Katie! :D And Janet, too. Truthfully, YOU'RE the one to be commended. I've always said it's much easier to be the patient than the caregiver! You're such an inspiration.

So when are we getting together? ;)

Yeahhh!!

Yeahhh!!

Congrats to little Katie!! I wasn't here when she went through her hard times but Janet was sure there for me when I went through mine. Little Katie is blessed with a great family to support her and I wish her many, many, more wonderful years!!

HOORAY, KATIE!!

A wonderful day!! Hope you and your Mom and family share a special moment today!!

Marguerite

Wow! I still can't believe it!

Wow! I still can't believe it!

And you guys are so wonderful, too! Thanks so much for the good wishes. With the current state of affairs in my life, I really need to revel in how well Katie is doing and how truly lucky we are. This group (all of you, but particularly Katie's charter fan club members - I could not have survived this without y'all. the prayers, visits, cards, gifts, good wishes, and kind words............I only wish I could express how much your support has meant to me!) is icing on the cake.............which, speaking of, we have a cake all ready for tomorrow. Katie picked it out. Don tried to downplay her anniversary a bit, but Katie wouldn't hear of it. "DAD-DYEEEEEE, this is bigger than a birthday. People don't die from birthdays. People can die from heart surgery, and I've had five, and I didn't die!" :D This is the first time she has ever expressed anything like that, and I was kind of stunned, to say the least. She told everyone (and I mean everyone!) at the bakery, the hardware store, the bread store, and the pizza place (my home cooked dinner :D) that it was her three year anniversary of not having any surgery and showed everyone her scar. Wow! First time for that, too. She has never been shy about her scar, but this was the first time she went around showing it off.

Anyway, one of our neighbors is having a garbage sale tomorrow, as Katie calls it, :D, so Katie borrowed my mom's card table and is going to set up her valversary cake and serve it to all the neighbors, and I imagine customers, too. She is insisting I set my alarm clock, so we can go hit party city first thing in the AM. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again you guys. Love and hugs. Janet

Mary, ya mean this one?

Second one is where we were three years ago...............soooooooo glad that is behind us.

P.S. Ross, I put it in the mail today. Hugs. J.

Okay...............

Okay...............

on second thought, (try, try again) here is where we were three years ago. ;) Hugs. J.

Jody, forgot to ask if they had a pampers big enough for you. heehee!:D

I join all the others when I say......

I join all the others when I say......

Congratulations Katie!!! You are the exact definition of courage and a total inspiration to us all. I have to say that when heart issues (or any illness or issue) effects a child, it REALLLLLLYYYYY bothers me, but you have come through this with flying colors and have shown me that you have an incredible amount of courage and resilience (spelling?), which thrills me to no end. You have really been an inspiration to your mommy and daddy, and I know they are extremely proud of you!!!! Harrybaby:D:D:D

Janet,

Yeah, they did. It was nice not to be interrupted from my favorite shows for something so tedious as going to the bathroom.:D

Good for Katie! She has a great attitude about her experiences which goes to show all the great support she has had from her family. You are doing a great job under tough circumstances and you should feel good about how strong she is. Kids who go through so much become strong adults with a little help from their families. Trust me, I know.

So great news and I am glad things are going well. Take care.

HOLY COW ... how's I miss THIS?

CONGRATS, Katie!!!

He he ... that girl sure has a bunch of energy. My goodness...I wish I had half of her energy....

*grins devilishly*

Can you see/find Katie???

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/1106/DSC07571r8_jpg.html

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope" ... Alabama ... 'Angels Among Us'

I missed it too! Sending congratulations, and love to Katie the Lionhearted!

Back