Just thought I'd check in. Echo looks good!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy McCain

Well I just got my latest echo results. The nurse called back to say, it looks real good! I had another pericarditis flare-up, so I guess thats why my cardio ordered it a little early.

I have a Metronic Mosaic Porcine Valve. My AVR was done Feb 11th, 2008. I am assuming there is no change. He definitely would have mentioned that. I still have the annoying PVCs, but I do not need to get back on the metoprolol. (bp and pulse is normal) I did ask about a different beta blocker. One that would not make me feel so lethargic. The nurse said they all have that effect to a certain extent, but would ask him.

I still take the 2 1/2mg of prednisone daily. For a flare up I will increase to 5mg, and take some advil until the dose kicks in.

Take care everyone

Kathy, good to hear that the ECG is good. I, too, was happy to be finished with the Metoprolol. Now that I've been away from it for 4 months, I am feeling much better. I am always a little surprised now when my BP is checked and it is normal without the Metoprolol. I guess these inflamatory problems like your pericarditis and my costochondritis are more common than I would have thought. At any rate, I hope things continue to improve.

Larry

Kathy, good to hear that the ECG is good. I, too, was happy to be finished with the Metoprolol. Now that I've been away from it for 4 months, I am feeling much better. I am always a little surprised now when my BP is checked and it is normal without the Metoprolol. I guess these inflamatory problems like your pericarditis and my costochondritis are more common than I would have thought. At any rate, I hope things continue to improve.

Larry

Just what type of symptoms do you have and where, with the costochondritis ? Sorry you are having a problem. I know just how frustrating it is!

Take care

Kathy,
Sorry that you still have to deal with the pericarditis but am happy that your echo is good! At least something to celebrate. :)

Do you have Copies of your Echocardiogram Reports?

Many of us find it useful to obtain paper copies for completeness and the ability of compare progression of changes (if there are any). I chart all of my echo reports on a spread sheet for easy comparison.

Do you have Copies of your Echocardiogram Reports?

Many of us find it useful to obtain paper copies for completeness and the ability of compare progression of changes (if there are any). I chart all of my echo reports on a spread sheet for easy comparison.

Yes, I do request a copy for my records.

My favorite betablocker, well the one that did it's job and didn't have many side effects was Coreg. I only took 1/2 of the smallest pill it came in each day and I don't remember having a single PVC on it. I've had PVCs for years. Now on Sotalol I'm having a ridiculous amount. My doc is putting me back on atenolol to see if we can control them. I'm glad it all looked good, sorry you are having pericarditis problems.

So glad to hear your Echo came out good, Kathy! I know that I always give a sigh of relief & thank God, when I'm told that nothing has changed!

Stay well!

Latest posts

Back