Just so I don't miss it - 27 years tomorrow!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

Hope I make it! Figure I'd get this out here while it crossed my mind.

First AVR at the ripe old age of 17, just two days shy of my 18th birthday (which means I'll be turning 45 on Thanksgiving Day). Received a birthday cake from the medical staff as well. Edie Brickel and the New Bohemians were on heavy rotation on MTV. I didn't have it at home, and was able to enjoy hours of cable television in the hospital all to myself.

My second OHS was 8 years ago back on October 15 or an aneurysm repair - so I no longer have that original valve, even though it was still going strong..

Life is good. Healthy as I've ever been. Looking forward to many more anniversaries to post.

Happy "belly button birthday" as well as your "valve birthday".......and don't worry, you've got several more years 'til memory loss really gets ya. It couldn't have been much fun to spend your 18th birthday in a hospital room.......so make sure you really enjoy these upcoming birthdays.....any many more.

Wow, I was sure I posted to this have to just say sorry I did not check back on it. CONGRATS!

Hey, Superman - where's the cape? Out at the cleaner's? You didn't wear it on here yesterday. . .

Any way, I hope your day was a great one, with no Kryptonite on the cake. May you have many, many happy returns of the day.

epstns;n880347 said:
Hey, Superman - where's the cape? Out at the cleaner's? You didn't wear it on here yesterday. . .

Forum names are funny things. I picked mine in a pinch when I hadn't posted before but felt I had a fairly pressing question prior to my last surgery. This type of board was far more active, so you could expect responses in minutes vs. hours. Now there's Facebook. Anyway, I've always been a fan of the character back to the Christopher Reeve movies. I was also into the show, "Smallville" at the time.

Not long after I posted, I saw posts from Superbob, and had buyers remorse due to the appearance of plagiarism.

But since you asked, the uniform is in my closet at home. I use it as needed and at the end of October most years.

Maybe I should change the name to Clark Kent as I'm off duty most days?

If you're going to be Clark, then I imagine that the biggest problem you will have is finding a phone booth in which to change into your cape and tights. I don't think I've seen one around here in a decade or more. . .

Latest posts

Back