Just saying

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Supporting Member
For what it's worth: I've been on VR a long time, and I have read some incredible stories. The relevant word as it pertains to this thread is INCREDIBLE. We had one who convinced the group that she committed suicide, and others who have run scams for money. They're usually not obvious when they first start out, but they gradually work themselves into the fabric of the community and then do their damage. I'm not saying that anyone is trying to do so now, but healthy skepticism can be a virtue.

I saw similar issues on a site for widows/widowers years ago. One non widowed person lurked there to gather information for a book she was writing that basically dissed widowed folk. She had married a widower and didn't like the ways he kept remembrances of his deceased wife around. All of us legitimate members had a huge case of red ass about it.

Yes, always good to be cautious when online. Thanks for the reminder.

honeybunny;n876542 said:
I saw similar issues on a site for widows/widowers years ago. One non widowed person lurked there to gather information for a book she was writing that basically dissed widowed folk. She had married a widower and didn't like the ways he kept remembrances of his deceased wife around. All of us legitimate members had a huge case of red ass about it.

Yes, always good to be cautious when online. Thanks for the reminder.

that's just plain disgusting

Latest posts

Back