Just one dang thing after another

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blanche

Happy to be here
Supporting Member
I'm afraid to sleep for fear I will have nightmares. I'm afraid to wake up for fear my nightmares are real...and most are. I've had so many dreams about losing my teeth and eating them!

Two nights ago, one of my many capped teeth broke off. First, I thought I had swallowed it, and went looking for a strainer for the morning!!!!! I found that I had not ingested the tooth, I just lost it. It was on the rug and I walked right over it. Cut my left foot on my fallenarch and it bled all over the place.

The next day, I met with an super-duper endodontist who, for $1,100. gave me a root canal and a prescription for Augmentin. Seems I have a rip roaring infection going on. Then, I spend a good hour with my lovely dentist of 33 years. He put in a post and anchored the old capped tooth back into the spot where it had been for years and years. When I saw his bill, I truly wanted to swallow all of my teeth.

Throughout all of this, no body was concerned with Coumadin, but both doctors were concerned about antibiotics. It gives me hope!

Blanche

Blanche, what an ordeal! Bless your heart. Maybe you should breathe, walk, eat, sleep and dream cautiously for a few days. ;) Seriously, I'm sorry you've been through the ringer. Hope all is better now?

I was going to tell you that dreams of losing teeth is a sign that you are insecure about something going on. However, in your case - it's just a premonition. ;)

I hope that the last of the excitement!

Blanche this was a nitemare for you

I hope your foot is alright:eek: that would sooooo hurt.

sweet dreams tonight;)

zipper2 (DEB)

Oh dear... what a rough patch you've had! It's bad enough to lose your tooth to start with, without then stepping on it and hurting your foot as well!!

Those teeth dreams are just awful aren't they? I've had a few where they've felt loose and I've ended up spitting them out in great bloody gobs - eugh!! They also freak me right out after I was sitting at home one day and noticed my tooth felt strange, only to have the whole thing fall apart on me within 3 hours leaving me with a rather nasty jagged stump! Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Here's hoping you dream of Brad Pitt tonight instead!! :D

A : )

Nine out of 10 doctors agree that.......

Nine out of 10 doctors agree that.......

When Al had his endocarditis in 1990, his 17 year old son and I used to get in the hospital bed with him and hug him up. His cardio, a stern fellow, said little but seemed to disaprove.

Then, after a few days I saw a message from the cardio on Al's door that said, "Kick the kid out at 9Pm, turn off the lights, and close the door, and leave these people alone...unless he buzzes, for at least an hour. He signed his name with a smile.

That was 18 years ago. THat doctor his still Al's doctor, and when I developed heart concerns a few years back, he became mine.

Kind regards,
Blanche

I'm sorry to hear of your ordeal Ms. Blanche & hope that things are going much better for you!

I too have had several nightmares where my teeth fall out everytime I touch them! :eek: I've often wondered what that recurring nightmare could mean & I think Karlynn just came up with an answer!

I hope your foot is much better too! Take care dear!
:)

Blanche,
Sorry to hear about all that's going on. Hope you can get some rest w/o those crazy dreams. Densist are'nt very fun and their expensive.:( Take care of yourself, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi Blanche

I know of what you speak.....Tyce broke one of his front caps off along with the remaining tooth almost to the gumline.....many trips back and forth to the dentist and an $800+ bill. Luckily the tooth and cap are back in and we've moved on to a recurring urinary tract infection.....the urologist thinks he wasn't on antibiotics long enough the first time (10 days) so when the culture comes back on Monday, he'll put him on another regime of antibiotics. It's never fun, and it never ends.

I think everyone is stressed out right now, especially with this economy....just scary.

Glad the tooth situation is done and all is fine, though.

Evelyn

Hmm $1100 to fix it and $150 to get rid of it. Of course, you got rid of it for free. Wish my 31 teeth would have just fallen out! Would have saved a whole lot of money.

Ross:
The $1,100. was for the endodontist. That did not include my regular dentist who put in a post and recemented the crown back in. The last time he did that kind of work, the bill was $625.

Since this is the second time that crown fell off and needed to be recemented on in 6 months, I left the bill and asked the office staff to see if the dentist could see it in his heart to give me a good will discount. Worth a try.

Blanche

My goodness, Blanche. Sure hope you are able to sleep soon ... I know how it is to not be able to sleep.....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So tired that I couldn't even sleep" ... Soul Asylum ... 'Runaway Train'

Latest posts

Back