Just found out.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Monica the forum will serve you well. I am 22 months sp AVR . It was pretty scary thinking about it when I first found out I had a bicuspid valve approximately 3 years earlier when my valve was at 1.3 cm . It got down to .7 and I was quite symptomatic with chest pains, shortness of breath, feeling old. Had the valve replaced with an Onyx valve and take a small amount of warfarin and I now run over 2 miles when I never had that ability before. I can honestly say that I don’t recall feeling better in my life than I do now. Should have done it a long time ago. They tell you to wait till you get to severe (I was at critical). In retrospect I should have done it when I first found out. I can’t believe how good I feel and I am 64.

My TEE was in 2014. Wasn’t fun, I think surgery was almost easier!
I was 41, almost 42 for my surgery. It’s been 7 years, and I’m totally normal. As everyone said, this is fixable! I have a st Jude aortic valve conduit. Bentall procedure.

Hi Monica - the murmur from my bicuspid aortic valve was heard when I was in my mid 20s but I didn't need surgery to replace the valve until I was 60 ! I had a TEE (called TOE in the UK) under general anaesthetic so it was no problem for me. Hope your cardiology appointment went well.

Hi Monica - the murmur from my bicuspid aortic valve was heard when I was in my mid 20s but I didn't need surgery to replace the valve until I was 60 ! I had a TEE (called TOE in the UK) under general anaesthetic so it was no problem for me. Hope your cardiology appointment went well.
Surgery is usually done when closure is 80%. I heard mine as a child and it got worse before my second bypass and aortic valve replacement. And I was 36 at that time. It was defective since birth.

Latest posts

Back