John's surgery was successful

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John Cochran

Hi, this is Debbie, John's wife. John's surgeon was successful in replacing John's aortic valve with the cynograph Kryolife valve he wanted...He is now in the ICU and I hope to talk to him soon! Thank you to you all for your support! Deb :)

OUTSTANDING!

OUTSTANDING!

Debbie, many thanks for posting this update about John. He has been a great source of support for those here, and now it's his turn to relax and know that we are behind him all the way.

Very glad to hear John got the valve of his choice.

Sending positive thoughts your way...

Thanks for keeping us informed Debbie.
I've been checking in anticipation off and on all day.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or John.
You two remain in the thoughts and prayers on this end.
;)

Bravo! That's Great!

He is now on his way home! Hooray!

Marybeth

PS-Thanks for the fast update!

Thinking of John

Thinking of John

I was so glad to hear that John is doing fine..My best to him..Bonnie

Thanks so much, Deb. Know it was also tough for you.

Dear John - Your lovely wife has posted to us the success of your long awaited surgery and that you are doing well in ICU. By now, maybe you are in your own room and the tubes pulled, waiting to step (?) out of bed to take a walk, but not today - soon. My prayers for you both are being sent all the time. We welcome you to this side of the mountain. It's sunshiny today cause you have FINALLY arrived. God bless :)

Great news Debbie.. please give John my hopes for a speedy recovery and escape from the slammer soon!

Take care,
Zazzy

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the update. Please pass on my get well quick wishes to John. I hope he progresses post surgery without incident, and gets on home real soon.

Way to go John!

Wishing you the best,

Rob

Welcome to the other side John!

Welcome to the other side John!

Hello John,

Congrats and welcome to the other side of the mountain!. I am glad to hear you did just fine. Keep it this way and take it easy. Let Deb do all the work for a while and you lap up all the attention. Soon you can't get away with it anymore and work will be calling. Llet us hear from you soon.

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St.Jude's Mechanical

hi debbie and john!
i was so glad to hear that john's surgery went well and that he got the cryolife synergraft valve he wanted.
thank you for keeping us posted about john's condition and please send him our best wishes for a smooth and easy recovery.
all the best, sylvia

John's surgery was successful

Hi Debbie and John,

Debbie..thanks for the update and Johnny..way to hang in there!
We'll all be rooting for you and look forward to hearing from you personally. Best wishes

Jack ( Welland )

Debbie...you keep hanging in there as well...from what I hear these things are sometimes more streeful for the spouses than the patient....so take care of yourself

Hi Debbie and John,

I'm so glad to hear everything went well, although I was sure it would. John surely has a great heart:D and it will recover well. I know this because he has selflessly been such a help to me and others on this site, like Jennie.

I just have one advise for him: BEWARE OF THE EVIL SNEEZE!!!!!:mad:

Elsewhere on this website are some great suggestions for suppressing sneezes. Unfortunately, I was not too adept at them during my recovery. In any case, tell him that when it comes to sneezing, it's better to be a wuss and hug that pillow (and you, of course!) like anything.

Good luck and God bless. Thanks for the quick reports on John's condition and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Debbie-

So glad that John did well. That's great news.

As far as the evil sneeze, to suppress it just take your index finger and press it hard just under your nose when you feel it coming on. It works pretty well, but just in case, have the pillow handy.

Back