Joey's 7th Anniversary (RP)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
hi all,
i'm sorry i haven't been here in what seems like ages. i don't know where the time goes. in fact, i can't believe it's been 7 years already. joey and i remember this day very well, considering he was supposed to have his RP with dr. stelzer on sept. 12th and on 9/11/01 we were downtown NYC for pre-op when we saw the towers fall, from dr. stelzer's office.

joey is feeling well, getting older (aren't we all?). still running, biking, golfing, and newfound love for boating, fishing and relaxing. we bought a lakehouse in kent, ct and have been up here every weekend. quality of life is so much better up here. people are nice, friendly and always willing to lend a hand_ just like in NYC (kidding).

we've had some big bumps in the road over the last year or two. hopefully they will smooth out this upcoming year_ family and personal.
joey is still on his low dose of amiodarone and each time he tries to wean off of it, he goes back into afib. very disconcerting. wish he could just get off the stuff, but it's the only thing that does the trick for him.

i pray for you all each day and hope that you are all well.
i miss you all very much.
hope i can pop in from time to time and say hi and contribute.
please know that i think of you often and send hugs.
be well,
sylvia

Glad to read how well things are going Sylvia. Best wishes and take care :) .

Good to hear from you, Sylvia. Enjoy the house and each and every day! Congrats to Joey on his 7th anniversary. I'm glad he is taking the time to "smell the roses".

Happy 7th Anniversary Joey...sounds like you're having a WONDERFUL, active life thanks to your valve replacement. I hope you have many, many more anniversaries! Best wishes, Dawn-Marie

We sure do have a lot of history between us. No it doesn't seem like all that long ago. Congrats Joey and good job Sylvia. :)

SEVEN YEARS!!!! can it really be that long. hard to believe how time flies away - on the other hand it was just Christmas last week and here it is Sept. Tell Joey congratulations on his birthday.

Seems like yesterday! Time really does fly. I am so happy to read that joey is doing so well and that you are able to relax a bit and enjoy life.

Congratulations on 7 years!

SYLVIA!!!!

Long time no see! Good to see you post...and even better to celebrate JOEY's 7th ANNIVERSARY...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hope those bumps smooth out for you both soon....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope" ... Alabama ... 'Angels Among Us'

Hi, Sylvia!

It seems like only yesterday we met at the 2003 reunion here in Chicago. Yes, a lot has taken place over those years, and I'm glad to hear that you both are doing so well. Once again, it is the experienced folks here at vr.com who make it so much easier for those of us still in The Waiting Room.

Many happy returns of the anniversary!

Congratulations on Joey's 7th valversary!
His story was inspiring when I was researching having the Ross done with Dr. Stelzer, and it's even more so today, four years later.

Glad to hear that your Joey is doing well. Tell him not to feel discouraged or down because he has to continue the meds for A-fib; unfortunately, sometimes medications help to keep us up and running but it sure beats the alternative! :)

You both take care!

Hi Sylvia

So good to hear from you again. I wondered what had happened, but glad all is well. Give Joey our congratulations on 7 years. Tyce just passed 6 in June....life is good. Be well, glad you love your lake house.

Evelyn

ps. don't be a stranger!!!!

Latest posts

Back