Jill has her date....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian

November 1, 2005 at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Cosgrove. I'm sure she'll post over in the Pre Surgery forum after she's done making all of her phone calls.

Best of luck to you... thats right behind my mom's (10/24) so we'll see each other in the post-surgery forum and compare success stories!!!! Keep busy, to make the time pass between now and then, and keep her healthy!!

Christian,
Don't forget to put Jill on the calendar! I just looked to see if you had done it yet, but I don't think you've had time.
The 1st is on a Tuesday, and I think that's a good day for surgery. The surgeon has recovered from the week-end and is nice and fresh for the week's upcoming cases.
Another positive--Jill should be feeling pretty good by the time Thanksgiving arrives. :)

So happy to hear that surgery will soon be behind you both and things will be even better. Now Jill will have the energy to chase after a toddler. :D Take care and we will get you through this.

November 1st! I'll start some good thoughts and prayers going for that day.

All I know is that Jill

All I know is that Jill

is in good hands! Dr. Cosgrove is one of the best. The Cleveland Clinic also is quite the premiere heart facility - they run like a well oiled machine.

If I can give one piece of advice, it would be to ask for a private room right off the bat. It is a noisy place, as it is so busy, and I didn't get any rest until I got a private room. It is SO important to have rest after the surgery, so a private room is a must in my opinion.

It is almost two years post my mitral valve repair by Dr. Cosgove (11/06/03) and I am doing great.

God bless -
Christina L.

Jill has a date? She's leaving you? :( :D

I don't know if Toby is up to it. He's busy doing t.v. commercials promoting the new $200 million Cleveland Corridor. Yeap, that's right, seen him on the tube last night!

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Jill. She will be in good hands at the Cleveland Clinic.

Keep us posted!!

Now on another note, Christian we need some new pictures of your little boy. Haven't seen any in awhile. :)

Wishing you both the best- she is in great hands at Clevland Clinic and we look forward to all good reports.

Christina L said:
is in good hands! Dr. Cosgrove is one of the best. The Cleveland Clinic also is quite the premiere heart facility - they run like a well oiled machine.

If I can give one piece of advice, it would be to ask for a private room right off the bat. It is a noisy place, as it is so busy, and I didn't get any rest until I got a private room. It is SO important to have rest after the surgery, so a private room is a must in my opinion.

It is almost two years post my mitral valve repair by Dr. Cosgove (11/06/03) and I am doing great.

God bless -
Christina L.

How does one go about requesting a private room? Can we do that now?

Thanks for all of the positive vibes. We're both handling it well. I honestly think I fried the worry center of my brain during her pregnancy. Now I just feel numb, which isn't a bad thing. Hopefully we'll have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Please keep an eye out for Jill over in Pre-Surgery. I'm sure she'll have many questions.

Ross said:
Jill has a date? She's leaving you? :( :D

I don't know if Toby is up to it. He's busy doing t.v. commercials promoting the new $200 million Cleveland Corridor. Yeap, that's right, seen him on the tube last night!

Now would be a really bad time for Jill to leave her husband. :)

I get the impression he's winding down his surgical practice.

Christian,

Christian,

I believe you could request a private room now, not sure. Also don't be afraid to tell the nurses that you would like the door closed to the hallway and not to be woken up every two hours for not-so-dire reasons like weighing you at 4 a.m.!!! That is only after your wife is completely stable - they can watch her monitor at the nurses station just fine.

They put a note on the outside of my door saying to not disturb. From that point on, after I got the private room, I recovered so much faster and the sleep (when I could sleep) was heavenly. Just not having all the noise was the best part.

I remember the first night post surgery I was in a room with another lady who had had heart surgery and was fast mending, up all the time, talking, and watching TV at all hours - I couldn't sleep and I honest to goodness thought I could go back to the hotel to sleep that night! I don't remember it, but my roommate said I was very nasty to the nurses - acting like a real b___tch. Well I don't even remember it - was out of it and obviously delusional from the medications, but yet my roommate was irritated with me for being so obnoxious!

If your wife can keep away from that kind of stress (roommates) post surgery, it will be the best thing for her.

I would go ahead and ask now. I know private rooms are hard to come by and I got lucky getting mine on such short notice.

Christina L

Christina L said:
I would go ahead and ask now. I know private rooms are hard to come by and I got lucky getting mine on such short notice.

Christina L

Thank you for the advice. We'll put that on top of our "things to do" list.

Wow -

Wow -

he is a gorgeous little boy. Look at those beautiful eyes!

Good luck with getting the private room. Believe me, speaking from experience, you will be glad you did this.

Christina L

Thanks Christian!!

He is so adorable!! It's amazing how fast they grow. My little one started kindergarten this year :eek: My older one is in fourth grade :eek: :eek: Next year he will be 10 and that will really throw me for a loop.

Okay I am a grandmother with 9 beautiful grandchildren but that is the most adorable child I have ever seen. But, if my grandchildren ever heard I said so I will deny it til the end.

It's impossible for me to be objective, but he's certainly a great looking little boy. I've actually been stopped on the city streets at least a dozen times by people who "just have to get a closer look at those EYES." And he smiles at everyone -- he must know that they'll smile back. I'm very lucky to be his father.

hi christian,
haven't been here for the longest time...
what a beautiful baby! seems like yesterday that you and jill had him.

i was somewhat shocked to read that jill is going in for surgery.
yet, she is in the best of hands.
just wanted to wish you only good things and as everyone here has said, the waiting is the worst, but it will be behind you in no time.

glad to see you are in great spirits,
all the best, sylvia

Latest posts

Back